Question My Windows 10 on my new PC gets stuck on “restarting” and “shutting down”

Riley10

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
I built my new Pc today and everything is working great except when I need to restart my computer it just never goes past the “restarting” blue screen with the spinning circle. I have to hold down my power button to get the PC to finally shut down and allow me to reboot. I brought this Widows 10 installation over from my previous PC since I had it installed on my main SSD so I just brought that drive over from my old PC to my new PC. I also upgraded to W10 Pro from Home if that could be a factor at all?

I’ve tried disabling fast boot, made sure all drivers are up to date but none of that has worked. Any ideas?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you go into Settings/update & security/activation and tell me what it says next to activation

You probably need to do a clean install, the old install matches hardware thats not in new PC, so its got all old drivers.that would explain the not being able to shut down.

tell me what activation says before doing anything else.

this is what you should do to move the licence to a new PC: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change