Question My YouTube Stream hangs repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Hello everyone,

My youtube stream has been freezing for about 5 seconds every 1 to 3 minutes. To the viewer, it may appear as if it skips 5 seconds, not showing the time where it visually freezes.
I cannot for the life of me find out why this happens.
It does not happen on Twitch, with the same OBS settings.

OBS settings:

Audio Encoder - FFmpeg AAC
Video Encoder - Nvidia NVENC H.264
Rate Control - CBR
Bitrate - 6000 kbps (Excellent quality during streaming)
Keyframe interval - 2 s
Preset - P5: Slow
Tuning - High Quality
Multipass Mode - Two Passes
Psycho Visual Tuning - Checked
GPU - 0
Max B-frames - 2
Up to 1080p res.

Anyone know a fix?

Thank you.

Reactions: NanoSuit3

NanoSuit3

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2017
Than I'll go with my second reasoning is that your encoder settings aren't good enough for how powerful a 2080 Ti can do. See, I used to stream on YT as well with a 2080 Ti a few years ago and I had almost everything at max settings cuz mine an ROG Strix OC ED. WIth that said I remember all the settings I had but can reformat it to fit what your is by tell:

Audio Encoder - Same
Video Encoder - Same
Rate Control - CBR
Bitrate - 10000 Kbps
Keyframe interval - 0-2
Preset - P7: Better
Tuning - Low Latency
Multipass Mode - Full Passes
GPU - 0
Max B-frames - 4

Hopefully these settings will help.
Hello everyone,

My YouTube stream has been freezing for about 5 seconds every 1 to 3 minutes. To the viewer, it may appear as if it skips 5 seconds, not showing the time where it visually freezes.
I cannot for the life of me find out why this happens.
It does not happen on Twitch, with the same OBS settings.

OBS settings:

Audio Encoder - FFmpeg AAC
Video Encoder - Nvidia NVENC H.264
Rate Control - CBR
Bitrate - 6000 kbps (Excellent quality during streaming)
Keyframe interval - 2 s
Preset - P5: Slow
Tuning - High Quality
Multipass Mode - Two Passes
GPU - 0
Max B-frames - 2
Up to 1080p res.

Anyone know a fix?

Thank you.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Than I'll go with my second reasoning is that your encoder settings aren't good enough for how powerful a 2080 Ti can do. See, I used to stream on YT as well with a 2080 Ti a few years ago and I had almost everything at max settings cuz mine an ROG Strix OC ED. WIth that said I remember all the settings I had but can reformat it to fit what your is by tell:

Audio Encoder - Same
Video Encoder - Same
Rate Control - CBR
Bitrate - 10000 Kbps
Keyframe interval - 0-2
Tuning - Low Latency
GPU - 0
Max B-frames - 4

Hopefully these settings will help.

I'll try it out, though I am starting simulstream soon and twitch won't even allow a bitrate of 5000, so will have to settle for 3500 to 4000.

NanoSuit3

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2017
I'll try it out, though I am starting simulstream soon and twitch won't even allow a bitrate of 5000, so will have to settle for 3500 to 4000.
That's kinda sussed tbh cuz I could do a solid 6000-7999 and even though it shows unstable bitrate I could still stream it on Twitch. As for YT I could go as far as 12000 Bitrate and not have a single problem. Unlike Simul-Streaming, best bitrate would be 5-6K so yeah..................

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
That's kinda sussed tbh cuz I could do a solid 6000-7999 and even though it shows unstable bitrate I could still stream it on Twitch. As for YT I could go as far as 12000 Bitrate and not have a single problem. Unlike Simul-Streaming, best bitrate would be 5-6K so yeah..................

Alright. I will test the higher ones. Your advice fixed the hitching issue, it seems. Thanks!

NanoSuit3

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2017
Alright alright alright, don't pull your hair out I got you covered. Several things you can do to probably get a good start at solving this is seeing if you've got a few things enabled as they will substantially help out with streaming on a non-40 series. See if HAGS is enabled, Game Mode, all your cores are unlocked and stabilized, your drivers are up-to-date and everything is basically perfected. Anyways, as for these here I forgot if your doing a Simul-Stream or not cuz that could affect the results in the feedback as well as it'll put a lot of stress on your system if your only using one. With that said, maybe & I see you have Rescaled Output on just turn that off if your Base Res is 1080p; if not keep it. Now if these are YT settings do the following and test stream it:

Audio Encoder - Same
Video Encoder - Same
Rate Control - CBR
Bitrate - 12000 Kbps
Keyframe interval - 2
Tuning - Ultra Low Latency
GPU - 0
Max B-frames - 2

Or you could try x264 settings and play around with that as I see you've got an Alder Lake 12700K which would work wonders at Slow Encoder...............................

Food for thought, as well as checking off a few settings in OBS as well as it'll hopefully diminish the latency in Advanced Networking if you scroll down a bit somewhere it'll have like Dynamic BitRate and 2 others; check them and see if those other settings I told you are in check as well. But before doing any of this and sorry for the clutter response I just saw this a bit ago but do a speed test and see what your upload speed is then calculate it however or whatnot.........................again sorry for the messy response.............................

Status
Not open for further replies.