Nat type Asus-RT-N18U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukkitheking

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
Oi!

So Ive always had this problem with nat type, ive always had nat type strict on all games. I want to get open specifically on ps3 cod and ps4 gta 5. So Ive tried like everything that ive found on google, i have portforwarded all the ports that are required, i gave my ps3 a static ip adress via my router, didnt work. I tried DMZ my whole router and the ps3's ip adress, didnt work. I tried turning off my routers firewall, didnt work... So, I dont really know whats left to try? I hope someone on here can help me out. But there's one thing, on my ps3 when I test my internet connection, it says that uPnP is available, so I guess it isnt using it properly but it's available, can that be the problem?

Have you specifically changed NAT type to open on the ps4 itself?

How do you know that it is not working?
You cant test an open port INSIDE the network, and from outside it will only work if an applicaiton on the computer (in this case the game consolue) is actively open to receive data on that port.

Lukkitheking

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015

Well, I have just ordered my ps4 and it hasnt arrived yet, so its mostly about ps3 here but as soon as it arrives I will try and get it open on ps4 too. And I do know that its not working because it always says that I have nat type 3 when I test my network connection on ps3, and I cant host any parties on mw3...

And what you said, "you cant test an open port INSIDE the network, and from outside it will only work if an applicaiton on the computer (in this case the game consolue) is actively open to receive data on that port." I didnt really understand what you meant sorry... I dont really have any knowledge in this kind of networking stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.