NEC EA294WMi 29" Monitor Review: 21:9 At Twice The Price

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Why does Toms continue to try and shove crappy TN 1080 (or IPS) panels down out throats? Please do some reviews of good 1440 IPS panels! TN looks like crap and a 2560 by anything below 1440 is so pixelated it is horrible. Please, please, please get with the graphic times and add some discussion on displays that are moving in the right direction - i.e., 1440 or above. 1080 is soon to be dead - and TN panels stink now.

InvalidError

Titan

Soon? The main reason we are "stuck" at 1080 is because media consumption is the most popular use, the vast majority of current content maxes out at 1080 and the future of higher resolutions in the mainstream is uncertain.

We are probably looking at 10+ years until the next major bump in mainstream display resolutions. Not quite what I would call "soon."

I agree. 4K might be the push in 10 years.

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
the monitor is not wide enough. It is ok for security. It just is not wide enough. We need more monitors with higher refresh rates. Not just for gaming. We need it for folk with sensitive eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.