NEC Has a Huge 52-inch Tablet On Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Put these guys in Star Trek uniforms change the office background to Engineering on the ST: TNG series Enterprise then make the base of the table look more futuristic and you see where they got their inspiration for this idea.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Looks like one of those old-school table arcade games from the 80s. Oh yeah, that gives me an idea. Put some pacman and pong apps on it and put it in the office.

daygall

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
MASSIVELY INTERACTIVE PRON!!!

on a more serious note... *ahem*

hang that sucker on a wall, and good god i can see the uses for companies like game devs, replace the whiteboard with that, and you instantly can call up anything project related to a idea bubble with like a hyper link.

example - skyrim is a good choice cause of how big it is, you have the dragon concept art, animation file, animation demo, tech demo, all scrollable in a sub menu that functions on a tags system. Lets say that you have a question on the old board about interaction and styling, with this you could pull up all the current info from the departments @ a meeting and show an active splice of what you think would work, pull animations, character AI and make your pitch

i can see this having great developmental potential

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
nice idea, plus no underpowered hardware. though how on earth is this a "tablet"? It's a huge monitor with proper desktop hardware in a table dammit. Call it what it is?

[citation][nom]de5_roy[/nom]and 52" for 1080p is a bit too big (less ppi).[/citation]
was wondering the same thing...should have been a higher res, especially since it's intended for close quarters use.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]Similar to MS Surface.www.microsoft.com/surface/or a parody for those who need a laugh(note the 2007 date)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZrr7AZ9nCY[/citation]
Take that apple! lmao

G

Yeah, ok, blah blah blah etc. The million dollar question is:

Can it run Crysis?! (Trollolo!!!)

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Microsoft failed with this concept, I don't think that NEC will succeed in marketing it. There just is no demand for this type of devices.

doyletdude

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
They should have waited for windows 8 to market this, as according to MS, 8 will have much more tablet and touchscreen native features.

160 Kg??? With the whole mounting thing on wheels??? That's still a damn heavy rig.... putting a 52in display with an i7 liquid cooled rig in a heavy or the heaviest case might not add up to more than 50 kgs, I wonder why theirs got so heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.