NEC Multisync95 - Vertical line?

G

hey all,

i have an NEC multisync95 that has this vertical white line about 1 inch from the left hand side of my screen.
it is most noticible when the screen is pure white.
i have been reading about these aperture grill stuff (i've never had any monitor line problems before) and i have tried GoSharks' solution: whack the side of the monitor, which didn't work. the problem developed spontaneously a month or so ago, i haven't moved the 19" since i bought it over a year ago.

any ideas? can it be the vid card?
Res: 1152 * 864
Refresh: Hor: 91 kHz, Ver: 100Hz

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Sounds like something is wrong with the monitor. I have the MS95 on one of my systems at home, and it doesn't have this problem.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
i just had a revelation. when i see the display on my monitor says i am running at 108.5khz/100hz, is that showing the horizontal and then the vertical frequencies? if so then why? i was under the impression that 85hz is 85 hz for the whole screen. or can anyone tell me why it says 108.5khz/100hz rather than 100hz?

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

Breaker

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
I have an NEC MS FE950+ which had a problem with vertical lines. GoSharks' solution worked for me. WEIRD - but thanks, GoSharks.

G

what kind of vertical line were you having?

sort of a mild discoloration?

was it thick? mine is about 3-4 mm thick, 1 inch from the left of the screen.

how hard did you whack it?

Breaker

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
I had about 3 or 4 vertical lines 4 inches from the left side of the screen. They looked exactly like the horizontal aperture grill lines - very thin and gray. I wouldn't call it a discoloration and they weren't that wide. Just a light slap (enough to vibrate the case a little) took care of it. It sounds like you have a different problem - sorry to hear that.

G

well after several hard whacks nothing improved.

looks like it is a different problem. strange.

and no one on tomshardware here seems to know..