Necessary Items to run an IT Business (Repair Kits, Docks, etc.)

Mastermmm

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
I am looking for ideas of what items one may need in order to fulfill a multitude of tasks (troubleshooting, repairs, upgrades, scans, etc.) in regards to IT. I have made a few suggestions myself to give you an idea of what I am looking for. If anyone can advise on which specific items (e.g. Dell Docking Station), that would be much appreciated. Price is a factor but not if it greatly affects the quality of craftsmanship. This is my brief and generalized list so far:

- PC, Phone, etc. Toolkit (Something that covers a vast amount of devices, has great build quality, etc.)
- Sticky/Magnetic Repair Mat (To hold small screws and other items in place while completing a repair)
- Universal PC/Mac Docking Station (Several USB Ports, HDMI Ports, Display Port, SD Card Slot, etc.)
- Dual or Multi HDD Docking Station (Preferably for both 2.5" and 3.5" HDD's, and SSD's if offered)

Any suggestions would help!

to check if the system is bootable... Older for pre-UEFI and and Gandalf's for UEFI, Apple for Apple...

Use mine often, the Windows ones also have disk utilities on them to do HDD test and recovery, Apple has the Standard Apple Disk Utilities on it.

Mastermmm

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014

I'm still not sure I understand. Wouldn't you just use BIOS to do a safe boot, and if it doesn't work, then you take the HDD or SSD out and deal with it another way?

Mastermmm

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014

Awesome. I'm definitely going to look more into these. Haven't really experienced with them much.