Question Necessity of a power supply board?

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017
Best answers
  1. I am making a DIY 7.1 home audio system with 3140 watts . with each 7speakers +1subwoofer having its own power supply transformer. DO I STILL need a power supply board?
  2. Transformer and power supplies should kept as far as possible and should also be separated by an iron plate if possible?

kanewolf

Titan
May 29, 2013
Best answers
A transformer outputs AC voltage. Most electronics require DC voltage(s). Something has to make that conversion. A power supply board would be that device. If you are asking such a basic question, I am concerned that a DIY home audio system may be beyond your skills.

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017
Best answers
A transformer outputs AC voltage. Most electronics require DC voltage(s). Something has to make that conversion. A power supply board would be that device. If you are asking such a basic question, I am concerned that a DIY home audio system may be beyond your skills.
You are right, actually I wanted a finished 7.1 amplifier ( in which i just have to connect speakers and enjoy music) but due to seller's mistake, she sent me a preamplifier not an amplifier for 147USD's and i had to keep it only (as i bought without Paypal). Here's how the DIY started. (that time was 1 USD = 75 in my local currency, and avrg. salary here was 90 USD's a month). and rest all amps and accessories cost me less than 100 USD's.
Also i want to add a question, from the power supply transformer, can i also give power of +5 V to an audio input board and a cooling fan?

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS