[SOLVED] Need 8-pin GPU cable for a Corsair RM850 PSU ?

Michel S

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2012
Hello, thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Basically I recently bought a radeon rx6600xt to upgrade from my GTX 1050. I was very happy to install it in my case until I realized I was missing an 8-pin connector that goes from my PSU to the GPU in question. My power supply is an RM850.

Ive been looking at my local computer hardware store and they said they got nothing. I have bought a couple 8-pin connectors from Amazon but none of them were right.
I would need help finding the right thing to make this thing work, its been sitting in its box since the launch actually. Thanks in advance!!
PS: I live in Canada, so if you have link to what I need to buy from a Canadian site that would be extraordinary!

Solution
If it's for your GPU then the 8-pin connector you want is an 8-Pin PCIe connector which IS different than an 8pin SATA connector. Something like this:
Amazon.com: PCI-e 8 Pin Male to Dual 8 Pin (6+2) Male PCI Express Power Adapter Cable for EVGA Modular Power Supply Cable for Graphics Video Card 8 pin Splitter 25+10 inches TeamProfitcom : Electronics
But I recommend getting a corsair model. Since it's your GPU it has to be 8-Pin PCIe, the 8-pin SATA will not work and is probably what you got initially.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
If it's for your GPU then the 8-pin connector you want is an 8-Pin PCIe connector which IS different than an 8pin SATA connector. Something like this:
Amazon.com: PCI-e 8 Pin Male to Dual 8 Pin (6+2) Male PCI Express Power Adapter Cable for EVGA Modular Power Supply Cable for Graphics Video Card 8 pin Splitter 25+10 inches TeamProfitcom : Electronics
But I recommend getting a corsair model. Since it's your GPU it has to be 8-Pin PCIe, the 8-pin SATA will not work and is probably what you got initially.

Solution