Question need a different cpu.

Jan 11, 2023
I just downloaded a program from v-ray for sketchup. When I try to install it I got an error message that my CPU was missing instruction set 4.2. My processor is a 3.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 and my motherboard is a Hewlett-Packard 3048h with an LGA 775 socket. The only information I can find from HP indicates all of the CPU's I can use in the board. http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-hewlett-packard-3048h/ . I'm not sure when that was published but it says at the bottom support for: Win 7/8, Vista/XP. Also most of the listed CPU are hard to find. Intel has a page with downloads for different chips that don't have the instructions 4.2 but they don't list my CPU as one that can be upgraded. I can find Intel processors with that will fit the LG A775 socket and that has the 4.2 instruction set. I'm not sure what other information I need in order to buy one that will be compatible with my computer (Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF PC) I haven't yet been able to get ahold of HP support but I've been in touch with Intel and the Chaos Group and they really couldn't help me. Are there any tips or suggestions that would help me replace my processor.

Thanks in advance,

Thad Wiseheart

Jan 11, 2023
Thanks all. I bought my rig about 10 years ago refurbished from Micro Center for short money. I've upgraded just about all of it. In the back of my mind I kept thinking I should just get a new one. I appreciate everyone's input. Looks like I'll make a trip down to Micro center this afternoon.