News Need a GeForce RTX 3000 GPU? GameStop Can Hook You Up

Giroro

Splendid
It's sad that Micro Center (a tiny semi-regional chain with only 25 locations) makes the short list of hardware sellers with newegg, bestbuy, and Amazon.
It really makes you realize how few options there are to buy PC components in the US.
I'm pretty sure there's more Best Buy locations within 50 miles of me than there are Micro Centers in the entire world. (And best buy really sucks as a place to buy pc parts)

Reactions: kal326

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
It's sad that Micro Center (a tiny semi-regional chain with only 25 locations) makes the short list of hardware sellers with newegg, bestbuy, and Amazon.
It really makes you realize how few options there are to buy PC components in the US.
I'm pretty sure there's more Best Buy locations within 50 miles of me than there are Micro Centers in the entire world. (And best buy really sucks as a place to buy pc parts)

At least you got Micro Centers. I've heard lots of good things about them. Whenever I ask someone where to buy PC parts, micro centers always appear among the list of best locations. Unfortunately for me, the nearest store is about 9000 miles from where I live.

Reactions: Krotow and VforV

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Gamestop selling graphics cards? Awesome!1! Spread that supply out even thinner! Give those bots more websites and product listings to check! I'm sure Gamestop has the resources -- all thanks to the wall street bets crew -- to employ state-of-the-art bot and scalper protections. Gamestop also has a reputation of the using the best shipping envelopes and companies in the business! Only gamers shop at Gamestop!!1! Don't forget to preorder the new COD, subscribe to Game Informer, and join the paid tier of whatever the latest Gamestop membership/rewards thing is called!

Mar 25, 2021
Did you join the site just to spout this kind of conspiracy-theory crap?

Game Stop's website isn't great in terms of navigation, but it took, what, two minutes for me to find this:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/pc-gaming/accessories/video-and-sound-cards/products/tuf-gaming-geforce-gtx-1660-super-overclocked-6gb-edition-gaming-graphics-card/11104580.html

Where are the graphics cards? The GPU you posted is unavailable (AND THE ONLY ONE THEY CARRY...).... so where are the GRAPHICS CARDS FOR SALE? What conspiracy theory?

The local Goodwill may or may not have graphics cards under this standard.

sapienzamike

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
They are already listed as Not Available. Nice going bots.
When were they first available?

If I end up being wrong about the bots, when will they be made available for purchase?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Where are the graphics cards? The GPU you posted is unavailable (AND THE ONLY ONE THEY CARRY...).... so where are the GRAPHICS CARDS FOR SALE? What conspiracy theory?

The local Goodwill may or may not have graphics cards under this standard.
It was available when I found that link. You clearly didn't find it. Your assertion about the motivation for this article is dead wrong.

Are you somehow expecting there not to be a rush on them like there is everywhere else? Did you expect them to wait 2+ hours for you?

Jarmer

Prominent
Feb 5, 2021
Did you join the site just to spout this kind of conspiracy-theory crap?

Game Stop's website isn't great in terms of navigation, but it took, what, two minutes for me to find this:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-game...gb-edition-gaming-graphics-card/11104580.html

There are zero gpus on their site now, so the question is valid ... For instance, I saw this article, went to gamestop, clicked around for 5 mins, found literally zero mention of any gpus on any pages and thought the article was wrong.

Mar 25, 2021
It was available when I found that link. You clearly didn't find it. Your assertion about the motivation for this article is dead wrong.

Are you somehow expecting there not to be a rush on them like there is everywhere else? Did you expect them to wait 2+ hours for you?

I didnt see anything either so refrain from attacking anyone. More over I doubt you saw any real stock either. It sure wouldnt have taken 2 hours, anything you saw would have been gone in seconds.

lazyabum

Reputable
Jan 16, 2021
I go to MicroCenter everytime I go to Chicago fine motors buy a used electric car since they're both in Downers Grove 45 mi from me at the wisconsin border. Apr 2019 MicroCenter seemed like a PC wonderland until you notice all the gaps between in stock & out of stock items. Geforce RTX 2000 looked somewhat stocked & fairly price due to Illinois & cook county high tax. However They do cut prices enough to even out final price with online sellers. I guess when I get my next EV I'll make another visit for a GPU with nothing to offer from MicroCenter 2 years later. Their website always reflects that reality.

lazyabum

Reputable
Jan 16, 2021
The longer the website URL, the more anticipation turns to disappointment. Which is why I stopped visiting a Newegg clone site, who's name I just completely forgot. Something with micro PC express parts.... Just a blank now.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I don't see a single graphics card for sale at Gamestop.... is this some sort of hype to try to drive up the Gamestop stock price?

Trying to stay relevant with a(nother) attention grabbing headline. They don't have them, the same as everyone else.

Honestly, considering my experience with Game Stop over the years I will gladly pop a firecracker at their (final) closing up. They are crooks and completely unrepentant about it. Heaven forbid you screw up and buy a game offline from them, or expect any manner of value "selling back" equipment or games to them.

Reactions: Matt_ogu812

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
There are zero gpus on their site now, so the question is valid ... For instance, I saw this article, went to gamestop, clicked around for 5 mins, found literally zero mention of any gpus on any pages and thought the article was wrong.
I didnt see anything either so refrain from attacking anyone. More over I doubt you saw any real stock either. It sure wouldnt have taken 2 hours, anything you saw would have been gone in seconds.

In case you missed it, rundropglide originally decided to state the following:
I don't see a single graphics card for sale at Gamestop.... is this some sort of hype to try to drive up the Gamestop stock price?

Emphasis mine.

It is not a matter of me attacking anyone, and the question was not in any way valid. The question was an attack on the author of the article, and the accuastion about driving up the stock price was written almost 10 hours after the article was posted.

When one joins a site and right out of the gate, makes their first post an attack on the site or on one of the authors, it's really NOT a good look.

Uniblab

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009

Trying to figure out if your comment was slighting microcenter or praising them. I place microcenter as one of the survivors of the brick and mortor places to buy stuff after actually having it in your hands and getting a sense of how it may fit into your build. Web shopping is cool but when it comes to sensing what something is its best to look at the actual box and get a sense of its weight. Recently caught a discount of over $250 on a i9-9900k but in order to get it, you had to visit the store. Smart move microcenter. Microcenter is what Toys R-Us, was for kids. You can just browse whats new and everything - most things - is on display. Microcenter is one of the survivors. I still am still suprised as how large internet shopping has become considering how you cant size things up until you open the box. Then hope it fits.

Glad Microcenter is still around.