Question Need a good but cheap psu

muhammad_32

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2015
Hi there. My friend is sending me his parts of pc. Namely. Ryzen 5 5600x, 6500xt gpu, with a mother board and 16 gigs of ram. I have to get an ssd only for windows install, and have two 500 gb hdds. I have a dell psu with bronze rating, but it got fried in a thunderstorm. We repaired it and its fine now. Its the one that comes with Dell, T3500 pc.
1. So can I use that PSU, or do i have to buy another. If buy, plz tell me a cheap and good option.
2. Plus how about the cpu, gpu, i mentioned. Are they good for medium gaming?
3. Previously, my ryzen 3 3200g and b450 mobo got fried due to thunderstorm. Plz how can i make it safer this time.
4. Voltage in my country also fluctuates alot in my country.
Thanx guys.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hard to recommend a PSU without a country or currency.

You have a relatively light system there, so a quality 550W or 600W PSU will last a long time. Corsair RM650, Thermaltake GX2 600W, MSI MAG A650GL, Seasonic Focus series are amongst ones that work for mid-range systems.

UPS are not inexpensive. Pure Sine Wave is what you need, and they are rated in VoltAmps which is roughly equivalent to wattage for the purposes of shopping. So it should match the PSU size, but the minimum decent units are often about 650 VA, 1000VA are pretty common.

If that is out of reach, the absolute minimum is a surge suppressor. You will want one with a test button if your power is unreliable and you should test it after each power disruption and replace it if the test fails.