Need A Job? Bethesda Hiring for "Future Gen"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
I had worked for a software development company from '86 (how is it possible that was 25 years ago?) through '94, as a programmer and animation artist. I quit, because of how mentally taxing it became. I couldn't have normal dreams, couldn't think without seeing code, and over-all, got burnt out on it. And, practically ZERO of what I had learnt from a Computer Science degree is applicable towards anything any longer. I learnt far more valuable skills, 'hands-on'.

The whole US edumacation system is a JOKE. Not until Masters or graduate-level work does an education begin to carry any weight. I don't care about a persons' bachelors' GPA, or work experience, because everyone lies about that. I'm interested in their thesis, research, or portfolio.

pizzamanskyrim

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
yanbans, you just copied my post. And I wouldn't mind if they make Elder Scrolls Online, as long as Zenimax makes it,

Bethesda = Single Player RPGs
Zenimax = Online RPGs

So the single player will never be a let down, and the people who want multiplayer will get it, see everybody is happy!

G

I work in the manufacturing world. I have a degree in communication and computer animation and fell into my career in sales (communication degree) and I use solidworks (3d engineering program) while also handle my companies website and all print design because of my training.

Not what I set out to do initially but I not only live my career, have good pay, but most importantly job security. My advice to young guns coming out of tech schools,,,don't focus only on AAA title studios because they make your favorite game. fierce competition, stress, and job uncertainty seem to be the hallmarks of the gaming industry. don'T overlook small studios or even other industries that are NOT gaming related that share your core passion. They'Re are a lot of companies that aren't on the radar that would love you while offering job security.

Plus, you can enjoy your favorite game because you didn't spend 5 years creating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.