Question Need a new Curved Gaming Monitor!

Hello, I just finished building a Fractal Terra with an i7 13700K, RTX 4070 Super FE in a ROG STRIX Z-690-I GAMING WIFI motherboard. I've been trying to find a curved monitor that's good enough for gaming (Cyberpunk, Skyrim, NMS, and others - no first person fast paced online shooters) and have only come up with units that were made years ago. I need help!

Here's what I'd Like to have in the Curved monitor:
no smaller than 38"
no larger than 42"
3180x1600 resolution
at least 144Hz refresh rate
G-Sync Ultimate preferred

Also, do I care about a 5ms response time? Should I be looking for one with less than 3ms? PCPartPicker has a lot of options, but nothing that has everything I'm looking for. Suggestions?? Thanks!

Hotrod2go

Prominent
Jun 12, 2023
3180x1600 is an oddball resolution. You'd be hard pressed to find anything on the market matching that. All of them in that screen size parameter you mentioned are running 1440p or 2160p, 1600p is old school & certainly not made anymore. Afaik, LG make a couple of models within that screen size range & curved.

Thanks for the response, and yes I'm aware is a tough find, but it's out there! That monitor you linked to is not Curved.

There's several that I was able to find, but most have pricing that's out of touch or not available anymore because it was made 5 years ago. I'm trying to best the MSI Optix MEG381CQR Plus, and the Alienware AW3821DW

Ultimately, I'm questioning if a 5ms refresh rate will hinder the gaming experience. If not, then I can easily choose a Dell or something else.

Hotrod2go

Prominent
Jun 12, 2023
5ms response time will depend on what kind of gaming you like. If your into fast paced shooters for example you'll want the lowest response time you can find. If RPG's are your thing, not so much so it depends. OLED's have lowest response time atm but they are relatively expensive for big widescreen format.

So I ended up getting a super deal on the LG 40WP95C-W and purchased it from WOOT, an Amazon Company - that I never heard of. I was originally seeing the monitor on Amazon for more than $1580. I ended up paying $1199 for the monitor, plus tax brought it to $1293. It arrives on Tuesday!