Question Need a new graphic card?

Dreamstreet

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2017
Right now, i use a AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5, and I was wondering if I should go for something better for my system or not. It's around 2 years ago I got it, and if I should look for a new graphics card, I would want it to be around the same price as I gave for it back then, which is around 350 dollars.

sumitg7

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
Right now, i use a AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5, and I was wondering if I should go for something better for my system or not. It's around 2 years ago I got it, and if I should look for a new graphics card, I would want it to be around the same price as I gave for it back then, which is around 350 dollars.
The RX 590 maybe a good choice. Or even something from Vega series. Will still be within budget.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Well, what's your system? Hard to say if something is better for your system while knowing nothing of your system or your needs.

Some games are cpu limited, some are graphics limited.

Try this test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

Your PSU is excellent and car support any graphics card you want to buy.

If you upgrade a graphics card, make it a significant jump in capability.
Otherwise you may be disappointed if you do not see big results.

I imagine that a GTX1660ti should be the minimum upgrade.

Beowolfbreko

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
Great, just a quick question which one of those to pick. Since I find a lot of different manufacturers makign GTX 1660 Ti graphic cards in different versions. Should it just be an ASUS and what big difference are there to the difference versions?
No big difference in fps if you not planing oc gpu youcan buy any 1660.Get zotac or innoo3d,gigabyte,galax.Any wold be goos but asus is litle owerpriced for me.

Dreamstreet

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2017
Another quick question about graphic cards. Just if there's anything in particular that I should look for about stats and such. Also if there's a big difference between having 8GB GDDR5 and 6 GDDR6.

Furthermore tested out my system in Forza Horizon 4. How big of a graphic card should I use before I can get it up to the same FPS level as my CPU?

YykqRRj.png

Beowolfbreko

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
Another quick question about graphic cards. Just if there's anything in particular that I should look for about stats and such. Also if there's a big difference between having 8GB GDDR5 and 6 GDDR6.

Furthermore tested out my system in Forza Horizon 4. How big of a graphic card should I use before I can get it up to the same FPS level as my CPU?

YykqRRj.png
Look 2060 6gb ddr6 is ob rank of 1070ti 8gb ddr5.So there is your anwser :)