Need a Suitable Cooler for the Gigabyte Intel Z370 HD3P mobo

8daysaweek

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2013
CPU: Intel Core i5 8600K / 1151 Coffee Lake Desktop Processor / Mfr code: BX80684I58600K
Mobo: Gigabyte Intel Z370 HD3P Coffee Lake ATX / Mfr code: Z370 HD3P
FAN: Arctic Freezer Low Profile Intel CPU Cooler 11 LP / Mfr code: UCACO-P2000000-BL

Hi
Help Please with this new build...
Does anyone have experience of which fan will fit onto the above motherboard, without issue?

After installing the above CPU into the above Mobo.
I then tried to install the above CPU Cooler...

But the top-left 1151-mounting-hole of its mounting bracket wouldn't quite line up with the mounting-hole in the mobo!
It seems to be about 1-to-2mm out of line.

Check out this image: https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/446d/2629eh9tfpozf1n6g.jpg

This is because the top left corner of the mounting bracket can’t go up & over far enough,
because it fouls on, the small component above it, and the large component/heatsink to the left of it.

So does anyone have experience of which fan will fit onto the above motherboard, without issue?

NB:: Last time on an earlier mobo (GA-Z87-HD3) I used the recommended Intel cooler, which was compact, cheap, and easy to fit, so is a similar compatible version available for this mobo?

Many thanks.

8daysaweek

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2013

Thanks for your reply:
Have you fitted one of those into this mobo?

The: Coller Master Hyper 212 EVO...
Seems to have quite a complicated array of fitting parts, so I don't know if that would cause similar fitting problems to those I have with the Freezer-Fan?
It's also a deeper (eg: taller) device, due to its protruding pipes, etc,
which may (or may not) get in the way of other features on the mobo.

As these mobo's seem to be getting more cluttered, then it seems that a small (but adequate fan) with simple & compact fittings are more prudent.

So why not a low profile fan?

Like the previous Intel Circular Fan: Which had four lugs that just anchored directly into the four holes in the mobo, so it was contained within the footprint of the mobo's four mounting holes.

The Freezer has mounting brackets that need to be positioned outside the footprint of the mobo's four mounting holes, and this is why it's fouling some nearby components.

8daysaweek

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2013

Many thanks for your reply and video link.
It's quite a beast, and looks quite heavy?

What do you think of their smaller version, eg:
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Intel/AMD/AM4
Manufacturer code: RR-TX3E-22PK-R1

8daysaweek

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2013
CM 212 Evo is not that large. There are much larger air coolers than that.
CM TX3 Evo has smaller heatsink, smaller fan, louder in operation, bit worse cooling performance. But it's ok too.

So, bought & installed the 'Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler' RR-212E-16PK-R1

And after tightening the 4 screws as far as they will go (on the ends of the scissor bracket) into the studs on the mobo,
the ends of the scissor bracket, are about halfway down the screw,
with about half of the spring above the ends of the scissor bracket,
and half of the spring below the ends of the scissor bracket.

So is this correct, or should ALL of the spring be above the scissor bracket?

Please see this image:
https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/3cfe/k4w83wt4el9mn3t6g.jpg

BTW: Their Support (Ticket System) does not seem to work, as I was unable to post a ticket. And other are complaining that they have received no replies to their tickets!