Need Advice in Powersupply

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

czechkozen

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
im planning to buy Acbel Ipower 85H 750w i want to know if this is a good psu brand.? and if anyone had bad experience using this powersupply.. plz need advice.. tnx..

Solution
Wow I cannot find any reviews of the Acble ipower 85h 750w on the web - it appears to be a foreign brand of some kind. Since we have virtually no knowledge about this unit I would advise you to stay away from it and go with the Huntkey X7 900 which got pretty good reviews.

Also check and see if you can get Corsair or Seasonic by mail.

I hope that this helps.

flong777

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

Have you had a bad experience with them? Hardware Secrets is very hard on their PSUs when they test them and they said it was a pretty good PSU - but I have never owned it.

The Hardware Secrets review link is here:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Huntkey-X7-900-W-Power-Supply-Review/1446

flong777

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

Remember, the OP may not be able to get Seasonic or Corsair, the Huntkey may be the only option. The professional reviews say it is a decent PSU.

I did forward your recommendation for the OP to check if his supplier can order a Corsair or Seasonic unit.

flong777

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

Hey that is a great find - what a difficult search a Vietnamese PSU

After reading the review, the Huntkey appears to be the superior PSU. It is more efficient an at least it is known in the US.

While you don't need 900W to run your computer, almost all PSUs run most efficiently when only 50% of their capacity is being utilized. Therefore, the Huntkey PSU will be running at its peak efficiency because your computer will be using 300 - 400 W of power.

czechkozen

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Yep i want it more efficient :D i want to play with no worry.. btw i see Aerocool Strike X 600w is it good.? i went to my local store and they said that they can order this for me..