Need advice on upgrading gaming pc

icarian

Reputable
May 3, 2014
Hi there,
Its been a while since I first built my computer (about 5 years ago). Lately ive been playing some games and I find that at times where a lot of things are happening at once I start to get low fps, so I feel as if its about time to upgrade. I was hopping somebody could recommend me some hardware that works well together or point out where my system is lacking.

Specs:
CPU: Intel core i7-930 (2.8GHz)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670
RAM: DDR3 3x2gb
MOBO: Asus Rampage II GENE
HDD: Samsung SSD 840
PSU: Corsair HX620W

I upgraded my graphics card last year so I think that should be okay. I have a feeling I should upgrade my mobo, cpu and ram. My current mobo doesnt fully support an ssd so I kind of want to find one that does. I am not exactly sure about my power supply though. What do you guys think? Any advice would be welcome :D. Ide be happy to provide any more information that could help.

Thank you.

icarian

Reputable
May 3, 2014
Thanks for the fast reply. Yeah I should upgrade my ram. Does it make a big difference on the make of the 4gb ram? Or does anyone have any other advice?

You can upgrade your cpu and mobo if you have the budget.
Run your ram configuration in dual channel.
BTW, what ram speed is your rated?

icarian

Reputable
May 3, 2014
yeah its been a while xD so I feel like I should replace it soon. Its always the hottest part of my computer so it worry's me a bit. I was wondering if 620w would be enough but sounds like it is. Thanks for your reply.