Question Need advice with prebuilt pc from amazon.

Etinbeau

Commendable
Jul 25, 2020
Hello, i was curious if anyone could help with buying a prebuilt from amazon. I dont know much about them or if they are worth the price so i was hoping maybe someone could give some advice?

Velztorm Praetix CTO Gaming Desktop PC (Intel i9-13900KF (Raptor Lake) 24-Core, GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12GB, 32GB DDR5, 1TB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD (3.5), 360mm AIO, RGB Fans, 1000W PSU, WiFi 6, Win11Pro).

if anyone might know of a computer similar or even better, i would really appreciate the help. my budget is around 2k to 2.5k but sadly would have to be a pc from amazon since the credit is on their site
Also i didn't know if this was the right threat for this comment

Much more info needed.

What specifically is the purpose of the PC? Scientific work? Writing a novel? Playing Solitaire?

Can you provide links to 2 or 3 other PCs at Amazon that you are considering? I would hate to think that you have only one candidate.

Reactions: Etinbeau
Hello, i was curious if anyone could help with buying a prebuilt from amazon. I dont know much about them or if they are worth the price so i was hoping maybe someone could give some advice?

Velztorm Praetix CTO Gaming Desktop PC (Intel i9-13900KF (Raptor Lake) 24-Core, GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12GB, 32GB DDR5, 1TB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD (3.5), 360mm AIO, RGB Fans, 1000W PSU, WiFi 6, Win11Pro).

if anyone might know of a computer similar or even better, i would really appreciate the help. my budget is around 2k to 2.5k but sadly would have to be a pc from amazon since the credit is on their site
Also i didn't know if this was the right threat for this comment
As the web page indicates, Amazon is just passing your order through to the seller and shipper MichaelElectronics2 (We Record SN) so you would really be dealing with them. And as their seller profile indicates they are actually New Dream Inc 9775 SW Commerce Circle C5 WILSONVILLE OR 97070 US. So they are not a "name brand".

I don't like any of them.

In one case, the details of the individual components do NOT match what is described at the top of the listing...regarding RAM and drives.

I certainly wouldn't get anything with a 10th generation CPU.

Probably would not want a 13900KF.

Little or no details on the cooling or power supplies, as is common on pre-builts.

Maybe look for a cheaper machine from a known brand like Dell or Lenovo or Asus?

You are not in a good situation if you are locked into both Amazon and pre-builts.

Etinbeau

Commendable
Jul 25, 2020
This one looks nice, i noticed its running on a 30 series, is there that much of a difference from the nvidia 30series and the 40's?

I don't like any of them.

In one case, the details of the individual components do NOT match what is described at the top of the listing...regarding RAM and drives.

I certainly wouldn't get anything with a 10th generation CPU.

Probably would not want a 13900KF.

Little or no details on the cooling or power supplies, as is common on pre-builts.

Maybe look for a cheaper machine from a known brand like Dell or Lenovo or Asus?

You are not in a good situation if you are locked into both Amazon and pre-builts.
Normally when looking for a pc, what exactly should i be looking for? whats a good starting point in parts that i should be eyeing when scrolling through these pc's?

I really appreciate all the replies i've been given and sorry for the later response, wasn't home to reply back.

Primary problem is pre-built. You will likely have to accept some components none of us would prefer to use, given a choice. Pre-builts are compromises.

For an Intel PC, I'd look for one of these CPUs:

And I'd look for air cooling rather than liquid.

RAM: 16 gb or 32 gb of either DDR4 or DDR5.

And I'd try to totally avoid spinning hard drives. Ideally you want 1 or 2 SSDs.

I wouldn't care whether it had Windows 10 or 11.

See what you can find. It may still have a questionable power supply, but there's not a lot you can do about that.

Look at Dell, Lenovo, and Asus; maybe HP. Post a link to any possible candidate.

You may not have to spend 2500.

Reactions: a_pril

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
Not to be a arse as such ..
BUT
whats the reservations of building youre own computer???
There are 100s of videos on youtube of how to build youre own PC
If you research source your own parts take your time follow the instructions its quite easy ..
3 years ago i built my first pc 3700x 5700xt .. just did my research on parts and watched videos on how to do it .
worked like a charm and never looked back ive lost count of how many times ive built or upgraded my computers now new gpus's cpu's CASES etc etc !!
( ive got a real issue with finding that perfect case for my PC ive pulled my main down atleast once every 3 to 6 months to try a new case out :( )
After my $2500aud alien ware aurora r7 PC i bought id never buy prebuilt when i can just build my own !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
This one looks nice, i noticed its running on a 30 series, is there that much of a difference from the nvidia 30series and the 40's?
I build my own pc's so this was what I could find on Amazon that was around the same price from a company I have used in the past.

I worry that all prebuilds have compromises, I worry more that manufacturers I have never heard of have even more.

TRENDING THREADS