[SOLVED] Need another opinion/viewpoint on my power supply purchase

Sep 25, 2020
I bought a used power supply which in hindsight i should've asked more details before i bought it. Anyways to the problem, Bought the power supply for 40€ and got it a couple days ago, completely filled with dust, absolutely filthy. Of course I was disappointed that the seller didn't disclose this. I opened it up and started cleaning it, absolutely filthy as previously stated but i got everything cleaned. After cleaning it it actually looks quite good, quality components, nothing blown up etc.

My hypothesis is that the previous didn't have any dustfilters and didn't bother cleaning it. My question is do I dare to use it or is it possible that the dust has damaged the power supply. Currently i have it installed in a sytem (hasn't been turned on yet, waiting for my GPU to arrive) and ready to go but do i dare turn it on and use it. Not planning to overclock, at least not alot.

pcpartpicker estimated 340w power draw on my build.

Model in question: Fractal Design Integra M/R2 750w 80+ bronze (non modular and likely an older model)

Might be this one:
https://www.fractal-design.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Integra-R2-Series.pdf

I bought a used power supply which in hindsight i should've asked more details before i bought it. Anyways to the problem, Bought the power supply for 40€ and got it a couple days ago, completely filled with dust, absolutely filthy. Of course I was disappointed that the seller didn't disclose this. I opened it up and started cleaning it, absolutely filthy as previously stated but i got everything cleaned. After cleaning it it actually looks quite good, quality components, nothing blown up etc.

My hypothesis is that the previous didn't have any dustfilters and didn't bother cleaning it. My question is do I dare to use it or is it possible that the dust has damaged the power supply. Currently i have it installed in a sytem (hasn't been turned on yet, waiting for my GPU to arrive) and ready to go but do i dare turn it on and use it. Not planning to overclock, at least not alot.

pcpartpicker estimated 340w power draw on my build.

Model in question: Fractal Design Integra M/R2 750w 80+ bronze (non modular and likely an older model)

Might be this one:
https://www.fractal-design.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Integra-R2-Series.pdf
It's a lower quality model from Fractal to begin with, has no warranty to speak of and it's used to an unknown extent. Really, it's unknown what will happen. It may work fine and it may pop and release the magic smoke. All you can do is try it and see unless you know someone who can properly test it for you. Such is the dilemma of buying a piece of used safety equipment. I've seen plenty of dusty power supplies so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Weigh the risk vs cost of your system.

i have the possibility to buy a 550w seasonic 80+ gold psu for 50e.
https://www.tori.fi/vi/74723278.htm

I've been thinking of purchasing it for peace of mind
What model? I'm not familiar with that model.

It's an 8 or 9 year old model again, not being able to read Finnish I can't tell if that's second hand or not??

If it is I wouldn't entertain it, it would still be a hard sell if new because its such an old unit.

Are psu's that scarce in Finland?? That would be €80 spent on old model psu's then, it kind of seems like an exercise in wasting money.

What's your component list for the pc? Would be helpful to know what it's actually going to power.

Reactions: Archaic59
Sep 25, 2020
Thing is that i looked into this link

https://www.gigantti.fi/product/tie...mparison&utm_campaign=hintafi&utm_content=all

And the picture is not the same as the product name. (Doesn't have the gold ring around the fan) so idk the other version be quiet psu:s are 15-20e more expensive than this one

https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Sho...-enclave-80-plus-gold-virtalahde-modulaarinen
The pic could be from a different model. Not the first time a website did that. The model number is what's important. It's close between them. I'd go with best warranty or the Kolink if you like the increased power. At least you have 2 decent models to choose from now.

Sep 25, 2020
The pic could be from a different model. Not the first time a website did that. The model number is what's important. It's close between them. I'd go with best warranty or the Kolink if you like the increased power. At least you have 2 decent models to choose from now.
I think i'll go with the kolink for 2 reasons.

1. 600watt unit so enough if i overclock a little bit + 80+gold for that price
  2. It's fully modular which of course helps with cable managment :) I've got the Phanteks p300a case and already took out the hard drive cage because this previous power supply (Fractal Design one) didn't fit because the cables were to big (non-modular)

I think i'll go with the kolink for 2 reasons.

1. 600watt unit so enough if i overclock a little bit + 80+gold for that price
  2. It's fully modular which of course helps with cable managment :) I've got the Phanteks p300a case and already took out the hard drive cage because this previous power supply (Fractal Design one) didn't fit because the cables were to big (non-modular)
Decision made. I think you'll have something much better to work with than your original used Fractal. Cheers!