Question Need Assistance! Performance Issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 12, 2023
I've some serious problems with my laptop's performance and I've don't everything almost trying to fix it, I need an expert in this field to talk with to tell the details, id be thankful for whoever would respond to my request and help me!

Mar 12, 2023
Compare the bios level at the msi site to what your running looks like your a little behind.

Gpu driver.....your way behind perhaps give this a try.

Ram....don't know what's going on there other than you have 2 different sticks of ram perhaps consider getting a proper 2x kit.
how do I check the bios?
yeah the nvidia driver I installed the basic one that came with the device and I've also tried the recent one no difference in the performance, currently I've installed the newest driver
about ram, the laptop came with 1 8G ram then i bought the other one but it was working well yeah at the beginning, then suddenly the performance problem happened so idk if its the reason, but i removed the one i bought and ran my laptop with the original 8G ram and there was no difference in the performance

how do I check the bios?
yeah the nvidia driver I installed the basic one that came with the device and I've also tried the recent one no difference in the performance, currently I've installed the newest driver
about ram, the laptop came with 1 8G ram then i bought the other one but it was working well yeah at the beginning, then suddenly the performance problem happened so idk if its the reason, but i removed the one i bought and ran my laptop with the original 8G ram and there was no difference in the performance
Look through the bios it should show the level.

Mar 12, 2023
Don't have a clue perhaps another member will be along to explain or contact msi and ask them.

You sure there is a 2021 update?

Some reading.
https://us.msi.com/support/technical_details/MB_BIOS_Update
I'm not sure if there's an update for bios I just searched the internet but it might be false info. do you have any idea of what might be my problem? since almost everything is updated and changing settings or games doesn't affect the results, that's so weird and its annoying much not knowing whats the problem to be able to fix it.

I'm not sure if there's an update for bios I just searched the internet but it might be false info. do you have any idea of what might be my problem? since almost everything is updated and changing settings or games doesn't affect the results, that's so weird and its annoying much not knowing whats the problem to be able to fix it.
Compare the bios level that msi shows for your laptop against what you have installed.

TRENDING THREADS