Need backup software, very simple

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Hello TH,

I bought myself a nice 1TB USB3 external drive yesterday (2.5 inch, very sexy), and I want to have some selected folders on my machine be backed up to the drive, and be identical.

I do not want a system image, and I want to be able to access the files from my external drive from any other machine (so not 1 big backup file).

For example, I have my docs, music, vids, downloads, and those folders I want them on my external drive. Now during a week, I will add some files to these folders, and I want a piece of software that will syncronize those files, so that the contents of the external drive are identical to that on my machine. No incremental backups, too much hassle and space consuming.

Any ideas guys for what I can use?

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
well, it does what I want, except for one thing, it puts all the files in 1 file. A big '*.PBD' file.

I want to just be able to access the files from any machine, in folders... I want it to clone the folders.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Well, I found another program, FolderClone.

works very well, first I have to manually assign the source folder, and then the target folders, but so far so good! Exactly what I was looking for, except for the 15 Dollar price tag after 30 days, but I'll probably pay that anyways.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Wow, this thread was still active? Damn!

Anyways, I found a solution a long time ago. I got myself a license of "FolderClone"

Does exactly what it says, exactly the way I want it to! Paid for it, but it was worth it, as now I also use it to syncronize my music library between pc and phone! :)