[SOLVED] Need for oc bios

republicgamer01

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
I'm trying to overclock my i5-6600. I've read some guides and seen some videos, but every links mentioned there for the bios that make oc possible are all dead. My mobo is asus z170 pro gaming. Do anyone still have those bios?

Lutfij

Titan
I'm not sure what you mean by overclocking BIOS but here is a link to the support site for your particular board. Please make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard, regardless of any overclocks. To add, you can't overclock on the processor since the multiplier is locked for non K suffix processors.

You could overclock the rams provided they are spec'd to go higher than DDR4-2400MHz.

Mind sharing your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

republicgamer01

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
I'm not sure what you mean by overclocking BIOS but here is a link to the support site for your particular board. Please make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard, regardless of any overclocks. To add, you can't overclock on the processor since the multiplier is locked for non K suffix processors.

You could overclock the rams provided they are spec'd to go higher than DDR4-2400MHz.

Mind sharing your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Ah man. Some years before the mobo manufacturers released bios with sky oc feature, which basically allows non k cpus to overclock. Then the feature was disabled through bios update. I am asking if anyone still has those bios.

Jun 10, 2019
I'm not sure if this will be at all the same, but with my old AMD AM3 rig, I had a non black edition (locked multiplier) Phenom II 1055t, paired with a ga-lmtusb3 rev.6 mobo. I was able to overclock by setting CPU host clock control to manual and adjusting the CPU frequency from 200. This changed the FSB speeds, so I had to adjust a lot of other speeds lower to account for higher base speed to lanes.

I'm not too sure how intel does its thing(and your mobo) but you may be able to do something like this.