Question need gpu

Nov 29, 2021
hello i need some gpu that is good with amd a8 3870.So i need gpu that is good with this cpu and also i need memory card that is good with them and no its not 3870k its without k just 3870

Nov 29, 2021
Full system specs are needed to pick something out, also how much you have to spend.

CPU: AMD A8-3870
*Motherboard:
System Memory:
Storage:
*Power Supply:
*Chassis:

* Very important
Motherboard :manufacturer:gigabyte technology co.Ltd. Model:GA-A75M-UD2H Bus specs:pCI-Express 2.0(5.0GT/s) Chipset is AMD K12 BRIDGE Southbridge :AMD A75 FCH LPCIO: ITE IT8720 Chipset rev. 00 Southbridge rev.2.3 Memory:general:Type:DDR3 Size:4GBytes if you want to know more give me your discord if you have something to send you pictures

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can upload pictures to imgur.com and then link to them here with the little attach pictures button. It wants the URL that ends in the filename like .JPG.

You missed out the Power Supply and Chassis and what you want to spend on this.

We need to know if you can power a graphics card, and we need to be able to fit one inside your computer.

You also mentioned memory, any 2x4GB DDR3 kit should work, faster the better though, so DDR3 2133 with a CL of 11 should do.

And given the current GPU market, you are likely going to have to buy a used card. About the only GPU I can recommend that would be an improvement over your current APU is the GT1030 GDDR5. That starts around $100

Nov 29, 2021
You can upload pictures to imgur.com and then link to them here with the little attach pictures button. It wants the URL that ends in the filename like .JPG.

You missed out the Power Supply and Chassis and what you want to spend on this.

We need to know if you can power a graphics card, and we need to be able to fit one inside your computer.

You also mentioned memory, any 2x4GB DDR3 kit should work, faster the better though, so DDR3 2133 with a CL of 11 should do.

And given the current GPU market, you are likely going to have to buy a used card. About the only GPU I can recommend that would be an improvement over your current APU is the GT1030 GDDR5. That starts around $100
ok what is APU ?than what is chassis and where can i see my power supply

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
What you have is an AMD APU. CPU and GPU integrated into a single chip. (Accelerated Processing Unit)

Chassis is the box everything is in. It has physical dimensions and room for expansion cards. If you don't have space available, then you can't install a GPU. You need an open PCIe x16 slot. At least two empty expansion slots (for the majority of graphics cards)

A case can be full height or half height with the expansion slots. Half height will only allow for low-profile expansion cards.

Your motherboard has two x16 PCIe slots (in blue), and the board itself requires at least 4 total expansion slots (Micro ATX) So we know that you can install a GPU, but we don't know how big the chassis is, or if you have anything else installed in the computer (network cards, sound cards, usb cards, etc)

The power supply is the box inside the box that all the cables come out of, and directly receives power from the wall outlet. Of interest to us is the label which will have the 12V, 5V, and 3.3V wattage output. Graphics cards require power, and aside from low power ones, also external power cables. If your power supply is very small, a graphics card might not be a good idea. APUs are very low-power to begin with, so if this was an off the shelf computer it probably has the smallest they could get away with.

That said the GT1030 I mentioned above is quite low power itself, doesn't require cables, and there are low-profile versions.

Nov 29, 2021
What you have is an AMD APU. CPU and GPU integrated into a single chip. (Accelerated Processing Unit)

Chassis is the box everything is in. It has physical dimensions and room for expansion cards. If you don't have space available, then you can't install a GPU. You need an open PCIe x16 slot. At least two empty expansion slots (for the majority of graphics cards)

A case can be full height or half height with the expansion slots. Half height will only allow for low-profile expansion cards.

Your motherboard has two x16 PCIe slots (in blue), and the board itself requires at least 4 total expansion slots (Micro ATX) So we know that you can install a GPU, but we don't know how big the chassis is, or if you have anything else installed in the computer (network cards, sound cards, usb cards, etc)

The power supply is the box inside the box that all the cables come out of, and directly receives power from the wall outlet. Of interest to us is the label which will have the 12V, 5V, and 3.3V wattage output. Graphics cards require power, and aside from low power ones, also external power cables. If your power supply is very small, a graphics card might not be a good idea. APUs are very low-power to begin with, so if this was an off the shelf computer it probably has the smallest they could get away with.

That said the GT1030 I mentioned above is quite low power itself, doesn't require cables, and there are low-profile versions.
i dont know what to say about chassis do i need to open it or what then:MAX TDP is 117W i think that is power supply

Nov 29, 2021
Yes, you need to open it.

No 117W is not likely to be the power supply rating. If it is, this computer should not be upgraded and you should consider a complete replacement.
after we end all this can you send me what should i buy i mean memory card ram memory and gpu i mean pictures prices and site where to look i mean links

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Only if we can get some of those questions answered. Still don't even know how much you have to spend on this, and only the vaguest ideas about the physical size of your computer.

99% chance you could install a low-profile GT1030, which is about the only affordable graphics card on the market that isn't a complete waste of money.

To add memory to your system, try and track down the exact model of memory you have now. If you don't know the model number you can download a tool called CPU-Z and look at the memory tab for all the specifics.

Doesn't sound like you have spent much time doing any research. Upgrading a PC might not be for you, at a certain point it is more economical to replace the system. Given the age of it, and the lower end nature of it when it was new, you can probably get better performance out of any sub $300 laptop or desktop available at a local retailer.

TRENDING THREADS