Need hacking help in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Could someone explain do to do the computer hacking in Splinter Cell
Chaos Theory? The first number locks in, but none of the others do
regardless of the buttons I press.

Dan

Mike

Splendid

"Dan Evans" <kris44dad@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Could someone explain do to do the computer hacking in Splinter Cell Chaos
> Theory? The first number locks in, but none of the others do regardless of
> the buttons I press.
>
> Dan

whatever number flashes on the bottom line, you want to find the matching
line above (10 or so lines)
it goes quick... if you fail, you lose some health - but can never die from
doing this

On 4/1/2005 6:51 AM, Dan Evans spake thusly:

> Could someone explain do to do the computer hacking in Splinter Cell
> Chaos Theory? The first number locks in, but none of the others do
> regardless of the buttons I press.

I'm still not grasping the locking in thing either. But you don't really
need to do it. Just watch the sequence and remember which numbers light up
in which positions. Eg. when you see 192 light up in the first spot, that
narrows it down to one of the sequences that starts with 192 (and they're
arranged in numerical order.) After a few seconds most of the number
segments in the sequence will have lit up once, and you should be able to
narrow it down to just one of the choices. Then just scroll to it with the
analog stick and press A. I've yet to run out of time during a hack attempt,
though I think you have less time if you hack remotely via the OCP.

-Z-

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Dan Evans" <kris44dad@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Could someone explain do to do the computer hacking in Splinter Cell Chaos
> Theory? The first number locks in, but none of the others do regardless of
> the buttons I press.

I do not understand it either. Sorry cannot help. Just wanted to let you
know you are not alone :)

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "Dan Evans" <kris44dad@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Could someone explain do to do the computer hacking in Splinter Cell
>> Chaos Theory? The first number locks in, but none of the others do
>> regardless of the buttons I press.
>
> I do not understand it either. Sorry cannot help. Just wanted to let you
> know you are not alone :)

Other than that how is the game?
Is it still mostly stealth or is there areas where you can run and gun?

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message

> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Dan Evans" <kris44dad@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Could someone explain do to do the computer hacking in Splinter Cell
>>> Chaos Theory? The first number locks in, but none of the others do
>>> regardless of the buttons I press.
>>
>> I do not understand it either. Sorry cannot help. Just wanted to let
>> you know you are not alone :)
>
> Other than that how is the game?
> Is it still mostly stealth or is there areas where you can run and gun?

I am on level 3. You have a choice now at the beginning of each level to
use stealth or assault. Not sure the differences bewteen the two and I use
mostly stealth.

On 4/1/2005 9:59 AM, Beck spake thusly:

> I am on level 3. You have a choice now at the beginning of each level to
> use stealth or assault. Not sure the differences bewteen the two and I use
> mostly stealth.

That's just your weapon loadout selection. The stealth loadout (which I
always use, because I like trying to get 100% ratings) gives you more sticky
cameras, ringfoils and stuff. Assault gives you more ammo and the odd frag
grenade. I'm playing it through trying to kill absolutely no one, but I'll
probably replay it later as a one man army and shoot everything in sight.

-Z-

Dan Evans <kris44dad@yahoo.com> wrote in news:VpudnbVPxLFgzNDfRVn-
jA@comcast.com:

> Could someone explain do to do the computer hacking in Splinter Cell
> Chaos Theory? The first number locks in, but none of the others do
> regardless of the buttons I press.

Use left/right on the analog stick (not the d-pad!) to select portions of
the IP address cycling at the right side of the screen. As numbers on that
address light up, quickly move to them and hit X to lock in that portion of
the number. That'll cause the list of IP addresses at the left to narrow.
Use up/down on the analog stick to move along that list of IP addresses,
and hit A when you think you've selected the right one.

You win the hack when you either lock in all four portions of the address
on the right, or when you select the correct address on the left. For the
most part, if you keep at the locking-in, you'll eventually get the list on
the left down to one choice, so just hit A. If you miss a lock-in(they
eventually unlight, if you don't move to them fast enough), try to remember
what that portion was. Then you can use that information to help select
the correct address on the left, even if it's not locked in, like Zackman
is apparently doing with all four portions.

Geo
--
George Mealer
geo*AT*snarksoft*DOT*com

"Alright, it's Saturday night...I have no date, a two-liter bottle
of Shasta, and my all-Rush mix tape. Let's rock!" -- Philip J. Fry

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> On 4/1/2005 9:59 AM, Beck spake thusly:
>
>> I am on level 3. You have a choice now at the beginning of each level to
>> use stealth or assault. Not sure the differences bewteen the two and I
>> use
>> mostly stealth.
>
> That's just your weapon loadout selection. The stealth loadout (which I
> always use, because I like trying to get 100% ratings) gives you more
> sticky
> cameras, ringfoils and stuff. Assault gives you more ammo and the odd frag
> grenade. I'm playing it through trying to kill absolutely no one, but I'll
> probably replay it later as a one man army and shoot everything in sight.

Ah okay thanks. Have you tried the online co-op? I am really enjoying it.
Did the train level with a friend last night. Took about an hour or so.