[SOLVED] Need Help 240-250gb SSD best choice to lower for desktop

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I have old lenovo m92 desktop with i3 3rd gen, 6gb and 2tb hdd.
Want to buy 250gb ssd for as it don't have nvme slot.
Windows 10 and games (fortnite and pubg mobile) will primarily purpose along with documents and pdf files will be kept in SSD. Storages, movies will be in my 2TB HDD Seagate Barracuda.

Maybe next year will update to 6th-7th gen with refurbished lenovo or hp in desktop or tower. ( will see which I can upgrade psu in too)
As they is no proper comparison online for all ssd with each other in real life, that is why I came here for help.
please suggest according to performance and price in an order. The warranty provided is local seller of 1 year and 2 yrs for adata and 3yrs for Lexar SSD;

Price (Pak Rupees)
Samsung 870 evo Rs. 7800-8700
Wd Blue Rs. 8250.00
Crucial Mx500 Rs. 9680.00
Crucial BX500 Rs. 7400.00
Lexar NS100 (3yrs warranty) Rs. 6500.00
Adata su800 (2 yrs warranty) Rs. 7500.00
(I have Adata su750 512gb ssd and temp is always stable at 52C and don't go down and it is bought 2 weeks back for laptop)
hikvision (not sure and cheapest)

I haven't include Kingston A400 and wd green.
one of purchasing online site in Pakistan.
https://www.daraz.pk/catalog/?from=input&q=nvme&price=5000-10000
Or should I consider NVME with adaptor and connect in the gpu 16x slot?

Solution
Windows 10 and games (fortnite and pubg mobile) will primarily purpose along with documents and pdf files will be kept in SSD. Storages, movies will be in my 2TB HDD Seagate Barracuda.

Maybe next year will update to 6th-7th gen with refurbished lenovo or hp in desktop or tower. ( will see which I can upgrade psu in too)
As they is no proper comparison online for all ssd with each other in real life, that is why I came here for help.
please suggest according to performance and price in an order. The warranty provided is local seller of 1 year and 2 yrs for adata and 3yrs for Lexar SSD...

please suggest according to performance and price in an order. The warranty provided is local seller of 1 year and 2 yrs for adata and 3yrs for Lexar SSD;

Price (Pak Rupees)
Samsung 870 evo Rs. 7800-8700
Wd Blue Rs. 8250.00
Crucial Mx500 Rs. 9680.00
Crucial BX500 Rs. 7400.00
Lexar NS100 (3yrs warranty) Rs. 6500.00
Adata su800 (2 yrs warranty) Rs. 7500.00
(I have Adata su750 512gb ssd and temp is always stable at 52C and don't go down and it is bought 2 weeks back for laptop)
hikvision (not sure and cheapest)

I haven't include Kingston A400 and wd green.
one of purchasing online site in Pakistan.
https://www.daraz.pk/catalog/?from=input&q=nvme&price=5000-10000
Or should I consider NVME with adaptor and connect in the gpu 16x slot?
Practically any SSD would be great improvement over HDD. For use as system disk most important part for SSD is to have RAM cache and all will have almost exact performance.

Solution

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Practically any SSD would be great improvement over HDD. For use as system disk most important part for SSD is to have RAM cache and all will have almost exact performance.
i agree on the part that it will be faster to load and everything compare to hdd.
that why I need help to choose, as far as I know lexar , adata su750 (which i have in laptop don't have ram cache), crucial bx500, but some of them might be same due to their hardware programing.
but still I need in order how to choose.

Basically any of them will be an improvement. Just stick to a major brand and get the capacity needed for the least money.

Samsung are some of the better ones, crucial seems good as well, I’ve installed maybe 7-10 of the wd blue drives and they seem to generally be good drives also.

I don’t know very much about hikvision, I’d be tempted to grab the Lexar drive because of the price and warranty.