Need help!! a few questions about my planned liquid cooling setup

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Deathbox

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Need help liquid cooling
Current Specs:

Case: Coolermaster haf 922

Processor : intel core I5 2500k @ 4.7 ghz (already has a noctua nh-c14)

Video Cards: zotac Gtx 580x2 in sli ( plan to get two VID-NX580 Link: http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=2005 )

Motherboard: asus sabertooth p67 ( would like to liquid cool this but i cant find a water block would like some help finding one)

Ram: kingston hyperx black edition 3x4gb=12gb total ( plan to get Waterblock X3 with http://www.koolance.com/water-
cooling/product_info.php?product_id=860 )

i also plan to use this as a radiator and everything else http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=1171

What size tubeing should i use 13mm? Also will that cooling system work without a cpu waterblock but give me the option to add a waterblock to it in the future? what else would you guys recommend in my watercooling system i have never done this before i would really appreciate some advice.

Solution
Another person that found the Koolance loop builder, it seems.

You don't need waterblocks for RAM. Drop this. You also don't really need a waterblock for your motherboard.

Ok, let's start over. Have you read through the WC sticky? It's listed below in my signature. Koolance makes some good stuff, but there is a whole world outside of what Koolance makes...and a lot of it is less expensive. Depending on where you are from, not everyone classifies fittings in millimeters...many use standard measure of inches: 3/8", 7/16", 1/2".

Please read through the sticky guide- there is a lot of information in there that should help answer your questions. Once you have gone through all the links and information, you should have a pretty...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Just avoid aluminum in your loop and you won't need corrosion inhibitor. Most components only use copper or brass; nickel doesn't react with either, so nickel plating is fine. We don't recommend Thermaltake, Zalman or Larkooler as they have produced some/all of their kits with aluminium components in them; usually radiators and fittings. They also have poor performing pumps and build quality, but that's neither here nor there...just an example.

Deathbox

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Its whispering no and SCREAMING yes lol. I have 2 more questions then on with the order then I'll post pics of before and after wich should take about 2 Weeks.

Q1. In the future if i wanna watercool the rest of the rig ill just add another radiator (exact same one) and the blocks? or.

Q2. Also do I have to change the water once every 3 years since it's not coolant ?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
What else is there to watercool outside of CPU and GPUs? The rest really isn't worth adding a high restriction block to something that really doesn't need to be watercooled.

You can change your water when you want- if it looks ok, why change it? (Especially if you have anti-growth stuff in there.)

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006

:lol: I would definitely change it after 3 years! If just for sh*ts and giggles. :lol: