Question Need Help About Display Driver Uninstaller Windows Password

jeffjason

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
So i need to uninstall my Nvidia driver and the best option for that is using the DDU as i know.

So when i try to launch DDU it says something like "don't launch if you dont know your windows password" . Is this password the one we use for a user while launching windows? If it is, the problem is i set a password for the user which i am using right now one day. I forgot that password but somehow managed windows to not ask this password. And windows wasn't asking me a password or when its asked, the password was written automatically.

Then a few days ago i used "ntpasswd" program to see and remove the passwords. I had 4 users shown in the program and only one user named "guest" had "dis/lock" and i didnt removed that password. I resetted the password of the user named "lenovo" which i use all the time. Btw "lenovo" user is admin. So after i resetted the password of "lenovo", windows asks me password wjile launching itself but if i press enter without typing any characters on password blank i can log in. So i have no problem about that.

Now my question is if i try to launch DDU program, will that password thing be a problem or not? Cuz i dont want to reinstall windows.

I will be very happy if you can help. Thanks...

jeffjason

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
I do not know, if you run anything that needs permission from system user (aka admin) you will probably need password, its worth a try tho.
Just to notice it needs to be in safe mode.
Thanks for your reply. Can anything bad occur if windows asks me password and i can't login in safe mode? By the way my current user is admin and windows never asked me a password when i need permission for anything as i remember. I didnt know that windows asks password if i need permission from system user.