Question Need help adding a tag to a file, simple right?

emcee2

Prominent
Aug 6, 2021
Simple question from a noob.

I am perplexed with the simple task of adding a tag to a PNG file in File Explorer.

I've looked up how to achieve this, but no joy. Unfortunately, I seem to be missing something... I can follow along with the instructions until I get to "On the Details tab, double-click the Tags line to add one or more tags, separating each one with a semicolon". -- I don't have a "Tag" line in my Details tab.

What am I overlooking?

Thanks for any help you can send my way. I just want to tag (color code or label) the files as they are uploaded.

So far my journey from Mac to PC (MacOS to Windows 10) has been fairly painless. The build went smooth, problems with Windows installation were overcome, Apps are basically the same as on the Mac and those that are new to me have been logically laid-out and simple to pick-up. What's giving me problems are the key commands (30 years of muscle memory is hard to overcome) and File Explorer versus Finder. (Which for this conversation includes where the system stores files). I seem to get lost very easily.

I find it interesting that when I search Google for help transitioning from Finder to File Explorer, I mostly get back results with people going the other way and a lot talk about how they like File Explorer so much more than Finder. I think this shows people don't like change, but maybe File Explorer is better and I'll figure it out one day.

Thanks, emcee2

emcee2

Prominent
Aug 6, 2021
So far the tagging apps I've found don't 'tag' within the File Explorer, but they are their own alternate version of Explorer. -- Not what I was hoping for.

I hate to be 'one of those guys' but what I'm looking for is something that does work like it does on MacOS.

Any ideas?

emcee2

Prominent
Aug 6, 2021
I got 'File Meta Association Manager' up and running. Took a bit of poking around and some trial and error, (heavy on the error) to get it to work.

We'll see how well it works in my normal pipeline, I think I'm happy.

I couldn't find an 'EXIF editor' that would let me adds the tags I was looking for. Thanks.

Last edited: