Need help ASAP! (not related to tech that much)

GlenicoNico

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
I'm a 15yo student in the US from Indonesia (parents are not with me in the US). So I went to the Chase Bank to set up a bank account so my parents can send me money, but they say I'm not old enough to have a debit card, so all I can do is to setup a "savings account", I don't really know what's the difference between a normal "bank account" and a "savings account", can you guys explain? am i going to get a card of some sort? If so, should I go and get it or are they going to send the card to my address? can I still cash out from the machine? can I use the card to pay stuff in walmart or any other stores? can I still shop online? Any answer will be appreciated. :)

Entomber

Admirable
for a savings account you cannot get a debit card or write checks. All you can do is deposit money or transfer it (limit 3 withdrawals or transfers per month per federal law, or you must pay a fee).

You CAN withdraw cash, but I don't think you can use an ATM without a debit card. You might have to go to the bank teller to ask for a withdrawal. And keep in mind that you have a limited number of withdrawals per month if it is a savings account.

Why didn't you ask the people from Chase Bank instead of us? That would probably be a much better source...

GlenicoNico

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

I asked them about this, but I didn't really pay attention to what the guy was saying *facepalm*. So i CAN'T use the ATM? but am I going to receive card or something along those lines? If I'm not going to get a card, how am I suppose to get my money? just go to the teller and tell them I need to withdraw some money?

GlenicoNico

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

So I'm gonna get a card? is the bank going to send it? should i go to the bank and get it? so i CAN use the ATM to withdraw money?

TRENDING THREADS