Question Need Help! Can my power supply handle a GTX 1060 6gb?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes. If it is truly a single rail power supply and you still have the 6-pin PCIe cables to plug in that GPU should be no problem. Assuming the rest of your system doesn't have an extreme power draw for some reason, should be fine if it is a typical single CPU consumer grade hardware.

Whether it is a trustworthy PSU is another matter entirely.

Reactions: Andyboy123

bignastyid

Titan
Yes. If it is truly a single rail power supply and you still have the 6-pin PCIe cables to plug in that GPU should be no problem. Assuming the rest of your system doesn't have an extreme power draw for some reason, should be fine if it is a typical single CPU consumer grade hardware.

According to the specs it has 2 12v rails that combine for 370w, so they have lied at least twice. In short OP should get a better PSU.

Reactions: WillJohnson
Jun 14, 2019

Thanks! I will give it a go and see what happens, and it won’t damage my pc or anything will it? And if I need a new one do you have any suggestions for the replacement?