Question need help cpu and dram post status check flashing red

Jun 26, 2024
cpu: intel i7 - 12700k
cpu cooler: DeepCool AK400 WH
motherboard: ASRock B660M Pro RS
ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 MHz (I have two of these so 4 in total)
graphics card: ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4060 ti 8gb
Power Supply: EVGA 600 GD, 600W
SSD: Silicon Power 1TB
Case: Apevia Prism-WH Prism Micro-ATX Gaming PC Cube Case

I turn my pc on and it keeps on flashing red for cpu and dram and I'm pretty sure I did everything correct I followed a YouTube video how to do every step. Is there anything wrong with my parts or what do you think is the issue?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Try breadboarding your parts, with two sticks in slots A2 and B2. Inspect the CPU's socket for any bent or broken pins.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Reactions: KitchenUtensil
Jun 26, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Try breadboarding your parts, with two sticks in slots A2 and B2. Inspect the CPU's socket for any bent or broken pins.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
Do you think there's anything else I can do besides check the CPU socket to fix the CPU?

Jun 26, 2024
cpu: intel i7 - 12700k
cpu cooler: DeepCool AK400 WH
motherboard: ASRock B660M Pro RS
ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 MHz (I have two of these so 4 in total)
graphics card: ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4060 ti 8gb
Power Supply: EVGA 600 GD, 600W
SSD: Silicon Power 1TB
Case: Apevia Prism-WH Prism Micro-ATX Gaming PC Cube Case

I turn my pc on and it keeps on flashing red for cpu and dram and I'm pretty sure I did everything correct I followed a YouTube video how to do every step. Is there anything wrong with my parts or what do you think is the issue?