[SOLVED] Need help deciding between these 4 wireless headsets

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013
Hi. I've been using a wired headset from Sennheiser called the GSP 350 and I need a wireless headset now. I ordered some headsets to test out and see which one I like best but I'm having trouble deciding. Here are the picks and what I like or dislike about them.

Sennheiser GSP 370 - 100 hour battery life per charge is incredible! Comfortable and great quality sound. The mic is the same huge mic that you need to raise up to mute as on the GSP 350. I always feel like it will break when I raise or lower it but it never did. The 100 hour battery life on these is just pushing me towards these more than the others.

HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless- Comfortable and great sound quality with up to 30 hours of battery life. Also a removable mic that isn't huge like on the GSP 370.

Razer BlackShark V2 Pro - These are also really comfortable and have great sound quality, the battery lasts up to 24 hours. These are considerably louder than the GSP 370 and Cloud 2.

Corsair HS70- These are comfortable enough and again the sound quality is great. The Mic is small and removable and these cans are also considerably louder than the GSP 370 and Cloud 2. I also appreciate the minimalistic design on these.

Now that that's out of the way I can mention the software. The Sennheiser and HyperX software isn't as good as the Razer and I like the Corsair Software the best of the bunch I think.

Well I guess that's it. Any input would be greatly appreciated, especially if you happen to own or have had experience with any of these headsets. Thanks!

Solution
I’d pick the Hyper X out of those 4. And don’t install the Hyper X software, just let Windows manage it.

Sennheiser would be best for sound quality and battery life but their microphones are garbage. I have had 3 of their headsets and the most common things I heard when using those is “can’t hear you dude”, “can you speak up”, and “what did you say?”. The microphones in hyper x headsets just work, and work very well. The sound quality is also decent af.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
I’d pick the Hyper X out of those 4. And don’t install the Hyper X software, just let Windows manage it.

Sennheiser would be best for sound quality and battery life but their microphones are garbage. I have had 3 of their headsets and the most common things I heard when using those is “can’t hear you dude”, “can you speak up”, and “what did you say?”. The microphones in hyper x headsets just work, and work very well. The sound quality is also decent af.

Solution
Hi. I've been using a wired headset from Sennheiser called the GSP 350 and I need a wireless headset now. I ordered some headsets to test out and see which one I like best but I'm having trouble deciding. Here are the picks and what I like or dislike about them.

Sennheiser GSP 370 - 100 hour battery life per charge is incredible! Comfortable and great quality sound. The mic is the same huge mic that you need to raise up to mute as on the GSP 350. I always feel like it will break when I raise or lower it but it never did. The 100 hour battery life on these is just pushing me towards these more than the others.

HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless- Comfortable and great sound quality with up to 30 hours of battery life. Also a removable mic that isn't huge like on the GSP 370.

Razer BlackShark V2 Pro - These are also really comfortable and have great sound quality, the battery lasts up to 24 hours. These are considerably louder than the GSP 370 and Cloud 2.

Corsair HS70- These are comfortable enough and again the sound quality is great. The Mic is small and removable and these cans are also considerably louder than the GSP 370 and Cloud 2. I also appreciate the minimalistic design on these.

Now that that's out of the way I can mention the software. The Sennheiser and HyperX software isn't as good as the Razer and I like the Corsair Software the best of the bunch I think.

Well I guess that's it. Any input would be greatly appreciated, especially if you happen to own or have had experience with any of these headsets. Thanks!

Go for the razor black shark, especially if you have a really good sound card or really good onboard audio.
Also for doing pvp's - ranked this would be it, especially if you want to be fully aware of your surroundings and back attacks.
https://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackShark-Wireless-Gaming-Headset/dp/B08FQG96RP

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013
Go for the razor black shark, especially if you have a really good sound card or really good onboard audio.
Also for doing pvp's - ranked this would be it, especially if you want to be fully aware of your surroundings and back attacks.
https://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackShark-Wireless-Gaming-Headset/dp/B08FQG96RP

Hey thanks for reply. I've been testing the BlackShark and there is some distortion in the sound when it's at high volume and I've tried a few things but could not seem to get rid of it.

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013

Thanks for the reply. I honestly like the sound quality on all of them but I'm not a pro by any means. The Sennheiser battery lasting 100 hours is just amazing though. As for the mic, I have the GSP 350 and the I have no issues with the mic but it's plugged in via USB. Not sure how this GSP 370 wireless mic will do I'll have to test it.

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013
Ok all I went with the GSP 370. Something about the design of the ear cups just makes it the most comfortable for me and the 100 hour battery life per charge is crazy. By the way it only takes an hour to fully charge the headset not 12 hours like I was lead to believe. The sound quality is great. Mic is great, and I got it for like $120 on sale from $200. My only gripe with this thing is the little switch for turning it on and off as it’s really tiny and feels like it can break easily but that’s how I’ve always felt about the mic every time I raise or lower it I think it’s going to break but it never does, here im talking about my GSP 350 which I’ve had for several years and has the same type of mic. This is a great headset even without the 100 hour battery life but with that 100 hours I mean nothing else even comes close. One thing I’d like to have seen though is an auto off feature. The GSP 670 has that. The GSP 670 is a $300 headset and supposed have incredible sound quality but only 20 hours of battery life. I’ve tested both and I couldn’t really tell the difference in sound quality between the two. I guess sennheiser kept the auto off feature exclusively on the 670 as an incentive for people to buy it? I’m pretty sure there are $20 headsets that have an auto off feature, in fact I think I have one my Tribit headphones. Anyway it’s messed up that they would do that. I also feel like it’s a software thing. If you look at the EPOS gaming suite (sennheisers gaming brand) there are four big buttons on the right for the 670 one of which is the auto off feature. That button does not exist if you have the 370. Oh well. I’ll take 100 battery life over auto off anyway.