Question Need help desperately PC Crashing audio still playing.

Aug 24, 2024
So i built my new PC about 5 months ago and I spent a lot of money on it and recently have been having crashing issues where I’ll be fine at some times and not crash for a while but the second I crash once it crashes again and again. I think it could be my CPU which is a Intel 13900k I know those have been having a bunch of issues and I’m still waiting for a response from them. But I just want to have extra input incase there is something else I can do to fox my PC. When it crashes the audio is still playing and if Im in a game I can still hear my gun shooting when I click. I have a zotac 4090 gpu . Intel 13900k cpu, RM1200x shift psu, a ROG Ryujin 2 360 cpu cooler and a ROG Strix Z790-E MOBO

Ralston18

Titan
Any related error codes, warnings, or informational events in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer?

New build:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

If and as necessary clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

With a new build no one wants to force anything. So what may have felt in place was actually not and has since worked loose(er) due to heat related expansion/contraction and vibrations.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, pinched or kinked wires, swollen components, missing or loose screws, browned or blackened areas, swollen component, corrosion. cracks, etc... Anything at all.

Hopefully something has just come loose.

Check carefully.