Question Need help desperately....PC not booting - TUF x570 - drives not bootable

May 3, 2020
Motherboard Asus TUF x570
WIN 10

Everything was working fine but I wanted to boost ram speed beyond 2133. I made the change in the UEFI bios and rebooted the system...it wouldn't boot. So I reset the CMOS and rebooted into the bios.

However, when I enter UEFI , all my disk drives appear under Storage Information but none of them appear under Boot Priority. I did connect a removable drive and rebooted the bios and that removable drive does appear in boot priority. The main SATA disk drives are seen by the bios but just not as bootable devices.

I've reset the cmos by pulling the battery and shorting the motherboard cmos reset pins....still no luck.

Also, ANY change I make and save in UEFI causes the system to freeze upon a reboot. I get the yellow ram light on the motherboard. Even if I reboot without the ram, I still get the yellow light. Once I reset the cmos , it does boot properly into UEFI but obviously without the bios changes and I still don't get the drives in boot priority. Any bios changes, regardless of how simple, cause the system to freeze if they are saved.

I'm at a loss after trying various things for 4 hours...would appreciate help.

I also tried updating the bios but I keep getting an error that the update file isn't a bios file...but it is and was uncompressed!

thanks.