Question Need help for monitor recommendations

Oct 24, 2023
I broke my monitor by dropping it, and now need a new one
The one I broke was a Benq xl2411p which has been discontiued.
I have looked at bit at some monitors but there is so many things to account for and so many options, that i'm kinda lost.

The ones I so far have looked at and read some good about are:
AOC 27" Q27G2E/BK
Dell 24" G2422HS
Asus VG249Q1A
Acer Nitro XF240Y (can't find the XF243Y in my country.
LG 24" ultragear 24GN60R-B

Are any of these one you would recommend or do you have any other recommendations?
It will be used for causal gaming, schoolwork and watching stuff like youtube and netflix.
I don't really wanna go and spent more than 200€

The one thing I know so far about moniters is there is something called IPS, VA and TN but I don't really understand which is better.
The AOC and Acer are VA panels, and the rest is IPS

Thanks in advance

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Of those I would probably lean towards the ASUS or the Acer.

Tough to recommend a 27" 1080p monitor, pixel density gets too low for comfortable reading.

IPS / PLS displays are known for higher color accuracy and better viewing angles.
VA displays are know for decent color accuracy and okay viewing angles (why many VA panels are curved)
TN panels are known for fast response times, less good color accuracy and poor viewing angles.

These days there isn't much difference between response times when it comes to gaming. Anything 5ms or less is fine, and most monitors now fall in the this category. Professional grade IPS panels are the only ones that tend to be slower, and they are designed for the best color accuracy.

Oct 24, 2023
Of those I would probably lean towards the ASUS or the Acer.

Tough to recommend a 27" 1080p monitor, pixel density gets too low for comfortable reading.

IPS / PLS displays are known for higher color accuracy and better viewing angles.
VA displays are know for decent color accuracy and okay viewing angles (why many VA panels are curved)
TN panels are known for fast response times, less good color accuracy and poor viewing angles.

These days there isn't much difference between response times when it comes to gaming. Anything 5ms or less is fine, and most monitors now fall in the this category. Professional grade IPS panels are the only ones that tend to be slower, and they are designed for the best color accuracy.
Thanks for the answer.

I will be considering and try to choose between the Asus and Acer. I know they are the best monitors but I don't want to spent a lot on a monitor.

I have actually looked the Lenovo G24-20, which seems decent. Would you recommend that over the Asus and Acer?

TRENDING THREADS