Question Need help -- High disk usage while idle

Re0x

Prominent
Dec 4, 2020
When i'm doing absolutely nothing on the pc the disk usage goes to 100%. i see that the process "System(ntoskrnl.exe)" is using the most.
I left my pc running for a while with task manager opened. When i went into the "performance" tab i saw this
sa-Dsafcxsvdsdsvdsvdsv.png

Can this be the cause of a virus? please help.

Re0x

Prominent
Dec 4, 2020
What OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition)are you on and where did you source the installer from? Paired with this thread of yours, I think your OS is corrupt or you've forgotten to install the drivers for your platform.
Windows 10 20H2, Windows came pre-installed with it
When I upgraded my motherboard, i did everything, i went on the motherboard's site, installed all drivers, i have the latest drivers for my gpu and all. Sometimes i get a message: "Restart you pc to finish installing HD audio bus driver" and when i open voicemeeter i get a message from it: "Bad audio drivers detected" even tho everything works at it should and voicemeeter works too.

also, I kept the same drive and didnt reinstall windows for all the upgrades i went trough (motherboard, cpu, gpu,ram) because i have very important things on my pc more than 500gb of things i need and i'm just lazy to reinstall windows. btw i switched from amd to amd cpu

Last edited by a moderator: