Question Need help identifying and solving PC problem (probably hardware?)

stickas

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2013
Hello. I've build the pc of the post below (with the changes at the specific post) and past few months, I've noticed some weird problems.
First it seems like some usb slots didn't get consistent power, leading to things like a nebula projector fluctuating light. They were really minor, I thought it was cables not having proper contact or maybe dust. Then my second monitor started having lines like artifacts for less than a second, but it also had problems with chrome tabs leaving a background image on one corner. It was an old one and I've recently removed it and left only the main monitor which is the one in the post.
Now I usually play a game full screen (like warframe, path of exile, or some single player ones) with lowered graphics for smootheness and less stress on the gpu, and have apps like discord in the background and maybe a twitch stream or 2-3 chrome tabs. Sometimes the monitor had also some lines appearing but not consistent enough to evaluate the problem, which prompted me to test a new cable with 144hz refresh rate (old one probably didn't have that mode). It lessened the problem to literally almost never appearing. Then I realized that a game + a chrome tab with video playing (youtube, twitch, etc.) stressed the gpu a bit but not to problems occuring. In path of exile I see the cpu is almost working at a maximum, but I think it's due to the specific game which is kind of demanding of hardware.
I had the pc restart on its own seldom (like 1-2 times in the past 5-6 months) but today I tried alt tabbing from warframe to chrome (3 tabs open, one from twitch and 2 from static image websites) and pc got stuck, sound was looping until it crashed and restarted. Any ideas what might be at fault here?

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/new-pc-build-1000-1500-euro.3639586/post-21930488

Last edited:

stickas

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2013
Should be P1.10 if I'm reading it correctly.
Also, I have run passmark test and got these results but memtest doesn't show anything problematic with ram. Probably it's at 29% due to it being only 16gb or maybe lower clock speed than newer ones, I guess.

zznn6bQ.png