need help making a bootable floppy

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I reflashed the bios on my abit bf6 now it just goes ta a dos screen i tried to reinstall the old bios but im stuck i cant seem to make a floppy to reflash my bios im at a lose please help

G

I'm a bit confused.

Are you just looking for help creating a boot disk?

If so, what Operating system are you using?

Since you obviously have access to a computer, why not make a boot disk with the PC you used to send this message?

If you're at the DOS prompt, can you access the drive where your <b>Windows</b> directory is located?

Mike

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I need to make a bootable bios disk for my abit bf6. any info is helpful. I thried to update the bios in windows and messed it up it still boots so im not completly out of luck

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The easiest way for newbies with no dos expeirance to make a bootable disk in win98 is to place a fresh floppy in the drive and follow the following steps:

1) click on "my computer"
2) Right click on "a Drive"
3) Choose format then check "copy system files only"

Whala, a bootable floopy

Now copy and paste the applicable bios flash utility (this should have come with the updated bios that you downloaded) and the .bin or .rom file to this floppy

Place the floppy in the machine and reboot your system.
( assuming you already have your bios set to boot first to floppy)
at the a:> type in the flash utitity followed by the bios
for example:
a:/amifl826 a582ms14.rom

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
never I repeat never flash a bios in windows.
never I repeat never use a system startup disk to flash your bios either. there are memory manager programs on these startup disk that will screw everything up and you could be left with a dead system.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!