need help! new router won't work with 1 computer

Dewm

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
So my computer has been working for months now with no network issues at all. I decided to upgrade my router (its a older linksys router) to a new Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Smart router.

I plugged the new router in and did the quick setup, was able to forward a couple of ports for my games, setup a wifi network with passwords...everything fine.

Then about a hour later I turn my computer on, and it won't connect to the router.. it just says "identifying network"
So I try the standard stuff, I enabled and disabled it, made sure my internet was working, switched ports on the router etc..
And nothing, my wifes computer (which is wired) works fine, so I know its not my internet or router, it has to be something with my computer (I also tried bypassing the router and connecting it directly to the modem, with no luck.

I did a system restore from safemode, nothing. I did a "ipconfig" and its assigning me this IP address: 192.254.X.X address, which according to microsoft means that something is wrong with my network adapter? maybe?

I'm scratching my head, I'll be pretty pissed if this hunk of junk fried my mobo ethernet adapter.. Either way I NEED HELP!

Dewm

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I just tried to go back to the old router, and now that isn't working for this 1 computer either. Something with that netgear really screwed me up. Any ideas? (besides a fried NIC)

TRENDING THREADS