Need help on GTX 760 (Power and motherboard compatibility)

acelohan

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
Hello, I have a Gainward GTX 760 Phantom (My friend gave me).
Gainward GTX 760
But my thousand years old (5 years actually :D) can't run that card for sure because I only have a Acbel CE2 400 as my PSU.
So I decided to buy a new PSU to run, I'm aiming to the KRPW-SS500W/85+ PSU (Japanese brand). You can find it here: PSU homepage (the site is in Japanese but you can use the Chrome translate function)
So will it be enough to run the GTX 760? have anyone used this PSU before?
One more thing, I'm using an Asus P7H55-M (LE I guest), is this motherboard compatible with GTX 760?
Thank you very much, and sorry for my bad English.

Solution
Your MB has the pcie2.0X16 so that the gtx760 will fit.
For the PSU, because I don't know that brand, but on paper that PSU can power up the gtx760. The gtx760 needs two 6-pin pcie power cables, the PSU has them. And the gtx760 requires at least a 500w PSU with 30Amp on the +12V rails, that PSU has 34Amp on two +12V rails.

If your PC does have problem with the gtx760, may borrow your friend PSU to confirm the problem is from the PSU or BIOS. If you can't use the gtx 760 even with your friend 's PSU, and the problem may be from the BIOS. So update the BIOS first with onboard iGPU or other GPU, then try again with the gtx760. If you can power the gtx 760 with your friend's PSU, then you know the PSU, KRPW-SS500W, can't handle the gtx 760.
Your MB has the pcie2.0X16 so that the gtx760 will fit.
For the PSU, because I don't know that brand, but on paper that PSU can power up the gtx760. The gtx760 needs two 6-pin pcie power cables, the PSU has them. And the gtx760 requires at least a 500w PSU with 30Amp on the +12V rails, that PSU has 34Amp on two +12V rails.

If your PC does have problem with the gtx760, may borrow your friend PSU to confirm the problem is from the PSU or BIOS. If you can't use the gtx 760 even with your friend 's PSU, and the problem may be from the BIOS. So update the BIOS first with onboard iGPU or other GPU, then try again with the gtx760. If you can power the gtx 760 with your friend's PSU, then you know the PSU, KRPW-SS500W, can't handle the gtx 760.

Solution

acelohan

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

My friend use that VGA as E-GPU (VGA for his laptop), using the E-GPU kit and an adapter to power it. That why I'm having a hard time to find a suitable PSU due to my limited budget :D