Need help overclocking an AMD athlon II x4 640

Nov 18, 2018
Hi every one,
I am new to overclocking and I was just wondering if any one could help me over clock my CPU. Here are my system specs:
Amd athlon II x4 640
Mobo gigabyte M52lT-B3
6gb ram
Nvidia geforce gtx 650ti boost 1gb 2 with 2 pins connectors.

Solution
I believe this is a locked processor: meaning you can't over-clock it with multipliers. You might be able to over-clock it, on a capable motherboard, by changing the BUS clock.

But you have to be very careful as that also over-clocks memory and maybe even PCIe bus at the same time. Over-clocking PCIe can be devastating as it could very quickly lead to hard drive data corruption that leaves the drive inaccessible, as they are frequently intolerant of overclocking on the PCIe bus.
Nov 18, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from markezsiam : "Need help overclocking an AMD athlon II x4 640"

Hi every one,
I am new to overclocking and I was just wondering if any one could help me over clock my CPU. Here are my system specs:
Amd athlon II x4 640
Mobo gigabyte M52lT-B3
6gb ram
Nvidia geforce gtx 650ti boost 1gb 2 with 2 pins connectors. Please if you guys need more let me know.

I believe this is a locked processor: meaning you can't over-clock it with multipliers. You might be able to over-clock it, on a capable motherboard, by changing the BUS clock.

But you have to be very careful as that also over-clocks memory and maybe even PCIe bus at the same time. Over-clocking PCIe can be devastating as it could very quickly lead to hard drive data corruption that leaves the drive inaccessible, as they are frequently intolerant of overclocking on the PCIe bus.

Solution