Nov 22, 2022
I have the
Intel Core i7-9700K
-MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC
-CORSAIR - VENGEANCE 16 RGB 32 GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16 DIMM Desktop Memory (2 sets)
-750w power supply.

And i just bought the,
MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 LHR 12GB GDRR6X 384-Bit HDMI/DP Nvlink Torx Fan 4 RGB Ampere Architecture OC Graphics Card (RTX 3080 Gaming Z Trio 12G LHR)

I cant play any games. I was mid match in warzone when my pc completely turned off and after about 10 seconds turned back on. My cpu at idle is like +25 (with nothing on task manager running. When i load into games it jumps straight to 100 cpu utilization most games cant even get to the main screen. I cant even get through the developer screens.

I dont know much about computers otber than googling and youtubing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I really appreciate it.

If everything was fine before you installed the 3080 then as @sizzling suggests it's likely the 3080's transient spikes causing it to shut off. You'll probably need to upgrade your PSU, I would look at something like the Corsair RM850x or RM1000x if you can fit it.

Just to check, is the PC perfectly stable when not running games? What's your max CPU temperature under load?

Nov 22, 2022
My psu is pretty old and i will totally try that. I ran a 1660 super before. My pc only did the hard reset once. Every other app just force quits. Do you think that contributes to the cpu utilization being so high?

My psu is pretty old and i will totally try that. I ran a 1660 super before. My pc only did the hard reset once. Every other app just force quits. Do you think that contributes to the cpu utilization being so high?
CPU utilization will be very high in certain games with a 9700K and 3080 if your running with an unlocked frame rate or very high refresh rate. I wouldn't expect the PSU to contribute to erratic CPU behaviour, just cause an instant shut off as it trips the over current protection. When you say every app forces quits, you mean just before the PC shuts off?