[SOLVED] Need help proving my CPU is causing BSOD

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

effektz

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am continuing my long journey to solve my BSOD problems when playing Unity Games (Link to previous post)

Here is my machine info:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE ATX
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16
SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 980PRO NVME M.2 SSD
GPU: ASUS AMD RADEON RX5700 8G
PSU: CORSAIR RMX750X FM 80+G ATX PSU
Chassis: Fractal Meshify Mid-Tower
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I have tried so far that has not helped

• Clean install of latest GPU drivers
  • Tried even downgrading GPU drivers
  • Updated BIOS to latest version
  • Updated AMD Chipset Drivers
  • Updated Motherboard Drivers
  • Cleaned out GPU and reseated it in the motherboard
  • Tried running Driver Verifier on Windows with no results
  • Ran MemTest86 and passed
  • Reinstalled Windows 10 (3 times now)
  • Ran Prime95 test for 20 hours, no issues
  • Bought new RAM
  • Bought a new SSD (980PRO)

Here is a link to my dump files : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nvqkfheKEf-IgmQ5uHQ7PmFXtxlFLkAX/view?usp=sharing

After trying everything in my previous post, I replaced my SSD and the computer seemed to get better. However it is started BSOD 'ing again when playing Unity Games. I was able to further figure out that it seems to BSOD when there are mass movements done in the game. Example moving 500 models of a ship to a different area in the game at the same time. I got with the game developers to try to debug but they are not able to replicate the issue and have asked 20 other players to try the same thing and they dont get the crashing or BSOD. I kept searching on Google and found what seems to be issues that are identical to mine where it seems that math equations or calculations are causing access violations to the memory causing BSOD. Here are a couple links to people with similar issues

https://forum.unity.com/threads/uni...es-made-with-it-are-randomly-crashing.897173/

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/fo...s-crash-with-unityplayerdll-access-violation/

I was hoping someone way smarter than me can look at my dump files and see if my issue is being caused by the CPU like in the links above and if so, what would be the best way to go about proving to AMD that the CPU is the issue? This thing is driving me nuts and I would like to finally resolve it!

Solution
So I have found the issue. It was the CPU all along. @johnbl I went to MicroCenter today and bought a new Ryzen 5 5600X, PSU and a fresh copy of Windows. I figured it had to be either one of the 2 only things I have not attempted to replace or I somehow was installing a corrupt version of Windows so I bought a new copy just in case. The first thing I tried was swapping the CPU. I was planning to do a install of Windows again but while it booted up I missed the BIOS and it went straight to my desktop. So essentially it is running the same drivers and game and everything that my last BSOD was. I am not 4+ hours in and have played the game with zero issues, no blue screen or anything.

@Byte11 I looked at your thread...

effektz

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Did you just get your chipset drivers off gigabyte's website and install them because I installed my chipset drivers that way without an issue?

Yes I got them off their website and tried also AMD website. It just kept BSODing. I would still BSOD your computer on a full dump and see if @johnbl notices the same issues like mine

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts