NEED HELP, want to upgrade CPU but think i might need a bit more (mother-board) and such.

Hrdnipz

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
Hi.

If you are reading this thank you for at-least the thought of help...
I have a pretty old PC. Its from HP bought back in 2010... right i know.

any way i have a nvidia GTX 760 in her and an upgraded cooling system... I know im probably going to need a new case if someone here has a idea of an upgrade...

originally i thought i only needed a new processor but im slowly coming to the realization that i might need and motherboard and processor... I don't need anything top of the line i just want a nice upgrade nothing crazy just a nice boost something that fits with the card...

---
Motherboard description

Manufacturer's motherboard name: H-RS880-uATX
HP/Compaq name: Aloe

Processor description

AMD - Athlon ll X4 620 processor.

the original computer is from HP -= model # p6302f

6 GB installed ram.

Again I'm pretty good with all things minus hard-ware so if you guys that been in the trench's can help me it would really be appreciated....

I dont play a bunch of games usally one at a time... wow for a bit SWTOR for a bit... CS-go some times and league... but id like to have a system that can maby stream but im not a pro im not trying to go pro i just want a nice boost that will give her some life for a while longer....

take care...

Solution
Will probably want both mobo and CPU, and at this point in time AMD doesn't offer much in the way of upgrading untill Zen arrives, so might want to look at Intel

Hrdnipz

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016

- thanks for the quick reply. What 2 would you suggest for me. Trying to get both items within a month or so, that would work nice with the other stuff I got. ? Maby ram idea, if you were me with this situation not trying to go too over board because I don't have a need too. What would you suggest? I was thinking I5 be alright but if you had one or two set ups you think be nice one being a cheaper option and another being some more whilst not trying to go crazy. [\u].

if you wouldn't mind. [\b]