Question need help windows activation disabled

wingmans123

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
hi, today i noticed windows activation is disabled i checked microsoft and it said force start software protection, but when i do that i get an access denied prompt any idea what would be doing this?
thank you im not sure what to do

Edit: i ran dism not sure if its related or not but thats what the internet told me to do had no effect
Edit: i ran sfc had no effect
Edit: went to computer drive changed permissions to my user next to owner (not sure if you would change any principals) no effect

Edit: just noticed this does it mean i was hacked because its not local?

ozaZlpa.png

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
it said force start software protection, but when i do that i get an access denied prompt any idea what would be doing this?
Edit: just noticed this does it mean i was hacked because its not local?
You have to do that with administrative account. Regular user account has no access to starting/stopping services.
Also - some antivirus might be preventing it.

And no - it doesn't mean anything about being hacked. Software Protection service is normally being run by Network Service account.

wingmans123

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
You have to do that with administrative account. Regular user account has no access to starting/stopping services.
Also - some antivirus might be preventing it.

And no - it doesn't mean anything about being hacked. Software Protection service is normally being run by Network Service account.
i am the administrative account i have no user accounts i dont have any anti virus programs

wingmans123

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013