Question Need help with a top tempered glass piece for custom case desk.

Dec 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am currently building a custom PC desk case (not sure if this is the right thread topic). The construction of the desk is completed. I just need to figure out how to install the tampered glass on top of the desk. My original method was to just lift the glass whenever I need to access the case but the glass is pretty heavy and big which requires two people to lift it carefully. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or recommendations for methods of lifting the glass top using a remote electric motor or hydraulic pump. Does not necessarily need to be this method so I am open to suggestions. The Glass hasn’t been ordered yet because of this reason, If holes need to be made in the glass they need to be made before being tempered. The glass is approximately 7ft x 3ft and roughly ¾ inch thick. The desk is not a perfect rectangle because the center has been cut in 12 inches for leg space. Looks similar to this desk (https://diydeskpc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/computer-in-a-desk-epic-gaming-pc-setup.jpg). Let me know if more info is needed :).

Dec 27, 2019
I thought about sliding out the glass but it would have to be a long slide, the glass is 3ft long and 7ft wide. So I think elevating it somehow on up and down would be better. Do you have an exmaple of that kind of TV mod?

Dec 27, 2019
I was thinking of doing something similar like that with the glass using electric motors but I have never done something like that so If anyone has any tips im all ears lol.

TRENDING THREADS