[SOLVED] Need help with aliasing problems

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
Hello everyone , i have been struggling to fix this it happens on all the games i play , whenever i pass by an area with alot of foliage or stairs/floors with line patterns i get that stair effect the textures look shimmering/sparkly , i cant seem to fix it i tried multiple options from AA , MSAA,FXAA and nothing seems to fix it its like AA isnt even working correctly , and its very anoying makes games not enjoyable , anyone have an idea on what this might be?

Solution
thanks for replying
my specs are following
i7800 k oc'd @ 4.6 ghz
GTX 1080 8bg
MB ASUS Prime z 370p
2x8gb ripjaws RAM
1 TB HDD
120 GB SSD
PSU Cooler Master masterwatt lite 700
Display MSI Optix mag27c (1920x1080)

also tried dsr at 2560x1440 but made no diference everytime i pass by or look at rocky road textures , sand , grass , wooden floors , stairs i allways get that effect
Sometimes using lower resolution textures can help with the sort of sparkly effect of high res textures at 1080p or lower resolutions. Rendering at higher resolutions with and without AA on should be mitigating the effect. Use DSR or in game resolution scaling to get 4k res and see what it looks like. If you use 4k with DSR turn the smoothness down to 0...
Hello everyone , i have been struggling to fix this it happens on all the games i play , whenever i pass by an area with alot of foliage or stairs/floors with line patterns i get that stair effect the textures look shimmering/sparkly , i cant seem to fix it i tried multiple options from AA , MSAA,FXAA and nothing seems to fix it its like AA isnt even working correctly , and its very anoying makes games not enjoyable , anyone have an idea on what this might be?
What resolution are you playing, what is your system specs and what is the native resolution of your monitor?

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
What resolution are you playing, what is your system specs and what is the native resolution of your monitor?
thanks for replying
my specs are following
i7800 k oc'd @ 4.6 ghz
GTX 1080 8bg
MB ASUS Prime z 370p
2x8gb ripjaws RAM
1 TB HDD
120 GB SSD

also tried dsr at 2560x1440 but made no diference everytime i pass by or look at rocky road textures , sand , grass , wooden floors , stairs i allways get that effect

thanks for replying
my specs are following
i7800 k oc'd @ 4.6 ghz
GTX 1080 8bg
MB ASUS Prime z 370p
2x8gb ripjaws RAM
1 TB HDD
120 GB SSD

Sometimes using lower resolution textures can help with the sort of sparkly effect of high res textures at 1080p or lower resolutions. Rendering at higher resolutions with and without AA on should be mitigating the effect. Use DSR or in game resolution scaling to get 4k res and see what it looks like. If you use 4k with DSR turn the smoothness down to 0 or up to 10%.

Solution