Need help with computer freeze issue.

imakuzim

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
As topic stated, my pc freezes on certain games, it freezes on wow during raids, certain parts of dalaran and other else. To add something, it doesn't freeze on low level zones, like when I level a toon, it never freezes. And another thing, it freezes too almost instantly in a game called Dragonica, which is not really heavy graphics, I'm really lost here, I can't seem to point out which is the problem. At first I thought it freezes when games requires heavy graphics (raids and dalaran) but I notice its not the reason because it still freezes even with lowest resolution and lowest setting.

I'm pretty much sure its not with the memory, I tried transfering slots and even tried putting ram one at a time, and it still freezes. Ram pass memtest btw.

Here is my spec:

CPU: Athlon 64 x2 4800+ (OC at 2937.6 MHz)
Mobo: K9N Neo V3 nForce 560 MSI-7369
Memory: 2x Kingston Value Ram DDR2 800 2GB = 4GB (OC at 419.6 MHz 5-5-5-15 2T)
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT
PSU: Cooler Master 420 watts (I forgot the exact brand but it should be an entry level of cooler master)
HSF: Cooler Master Vortex 752
Hard Drive: WD 160 GB

First of all, the OC is not the problem because it was already like this before I started OCing.
IF you guys got some idea on whats going on here, it would be much appreciated if you tell me. :(
I just want to have a nice raid in wow -.-

Btw, when I mention freeze, it means Screen goes totally black, Power is still on since fan is still turning and Audio goes something that sound like a static for like 3 seconds then silent. And the only remedy is reset button.

imakuzim

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008

It can't be a virus, im pretty much sure of it.

I also doubt over heating, temps are good. cpu stays around 50c and video card 70c.

imakuzim

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
you sure it aint the 400 or 460w models?

Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 400 W is capable to deliver its labeled power at high temperatures. But as we always like to point out, maximum power isn’t everything. This unit presents lousy efficiency and noise and ripple levels above the maximum allowed, which can lead you computer to present random behavior (“freezing”, random resets, Blue Screen of Death, etc) and overload components. Therefore we can’t recommend this product.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-Power-Plus-400-W-Power-Supply-Review/957/9

Even though this power supply can’t deliver its labeled power, it isn’t a bad product for its price tag and targeted audience. Its real power is close to its labeled power (430 W) and its efficiency isn’t bad for a low-end product. Plus it has all its protections up and running, a thing sometimes hard to find on cheap power supplies.

If you are building an entry-level PC with just one or two hard disk drives and just one video card – or even maybe with an on-board solution – this power supply is a good option.

Yes, I also think it could be something with the PSU, but the question why I can't completely point out to it is why does it only happen on raids, or sometimes in world map. But ALWAYS on raid. And also why only to these games. Starcraft II, which is another heavy requirement game never happened to freeze.

What I'm trying to say is it couldn't be the PSU when its choosing its games to "freeze" right? Or am I missing something about PSU?
And note this: It freezes on raid even with the lowest resolution,setting. That should be enough to have lower power consumption than SC2 right? Which again, never happened to freeze.

I'm so lost in this issue :(

blackhawk1928

Distinguished

And just how can you be so sure its not a virus, i once had a virus that would freeze my computer.