Question Need help with new PC build

Sep 17, 2022
Hello everyone,

Need help with a new PC build.

After very long research, I build my own PC with the below configuration.

Processor: Ryzen 5 5600G.
Motherboard: Asus Tuf gaming B550m- plus (Wifi).
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 3600 .
SSD: Samsung M.2 SSD.
Power supply unit: Corsair TX Series TX550M 550W 80+ Gold Semi-Modular.

On the first power on everything worked fine without any problem. I got into BIOS and I could see all the components working as it should.

So, I installed the windows 10 OS and the driver software (video and chipset) as well. During this time I restarted the unit multiple times without any issue.

After installing all the necessary drivers, I enabled the D.O.P.C in the BIOS to get better performance of RAM.

After enabling the D.O.C.P, I restarted the PC and went into BIOS again. The system ran normally only for two minutes and there was a loud/pop noise from the PSU and the system shut down completely.

So, was the SMPS blown because of the enabled D.O.C.P? Could that be possible? Or is it just a coincidence that happened at the same time?

I wanted to buy a quality and reliable PSU, hence I chose the corsair brand with a gold certificate despite its price (It was almost Rs.9000).

Haven’t checked the PC with a different PSU yet. I returned the corsair and ordered a new Cooler master PSU online with the same wattage, waiting for its arrival.
I am really worried that My first (and last) PC build ended up like this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Apologies for my bad English. Not my native language.
Thanks

No, enabling D.O.C.P or XMP, which are the same thing with different names, could not possibly cause that. Something else has happened. My first guess would be that something shorted out the PSU and maybe also the motherboard. And the most likely cause of that would be a standoff in the wrong location under the board. I'd pull the motherboard and make sure that every standoff that is installed in the motherboard tray section of the case lines up exactly with the standoff holes in the motherboard and that none of them are installed where there is not a standoff hole in the motherboard and that no screws or anything else got trapped between the board and the case when it was being installed.

Also, check to see that you did not accidentally plug any 4 pin RGA cable into a 3 pin ARGB header or other way around either, and that all fan cables are properly centered on their headers and not off by one pin.

Also make sure that every cable is going to the right place. I've seen people plug the VGA/PEG power cables into the EPS/CPU power sockets on the motherboard before, how, I don't know, but they do it, and the other way around too.

Then again it might just have been a bad power supply or even a fake. This is pretty common in your region. It's unfortunate that you already sent it back or you could have posted images of it to see if it was a fake or not.

Reactions: Brindhavan